Author Topic: Philippine Gun Shows  (Read 29378 times)

SIG_P210

• Being gullible is tragic
Re: Philippine Gun Shows
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 08:13:48 PM »
Overpriced sir, over priced.  100K++  K1 I belive can be had for 80K.

Can be had for P80k?  Is this from a gun store, GAR?  Where? 

Its actually cheaper than the Bushmaster XM15 that the Aquila gunstore was selling for P135k.  Nice gun, but kinda stock.

http://www.aquilafaa.com/Products/bushmaster.htm
"No to Noynoy" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=153794897124
-------------------
"I don't know what its called.  I just know the sound that it makes, when it takes away the life of a person" - Four Leaf Tayback

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 08:23:15 PM »

Its actually cheaper than the Bushmaster XM15 that the Aquila gunstore was selling for P135k.  Nice gun, but kinda stock.

The Korean made K1 was from Twin Pines I think being sold to soldiers, PNP, Security....
Alcohol only hurts me because it loves me.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...
Ezekiel: 25-17

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****

mamiyapis

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 10:19:11 PM »
135k for a freaking STOCK Bushmaster?! No way man... I'd stick with the gas piston K1, at least it'd be slightly justified with the semi-exotic looks at 80k.

*SMACK*  the hell is wrong with you?   :pirate:

*SMACKS BACK* I'm sick man, down with the flu these past few days, so I have no cognitive processes to speak of. :pirate:

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 10:20:34 PM »
135k for a freaking STOCK Bushmaster?! No way man... I'd stick with the gas piston K1, at least it'd be slightly justified with the semi-exotic looks at 80k.

*SMACKS BACK* I'm sick man, down with the flu these past few days, so I have no cognitive processes to speak of. :pirate:

You hurt me, I cant believe you did that.  Where's Gabriela?!?

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****

mamiyapis

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »
You hurt me, I cant believe you did that.  Where's Gabriela?!?

Rebel scum! You have no rights here!

Mwahahaha. :twisted:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:18:16 PM by mamiyapis »

SIG_P210

• Being gullible is tragic
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2009, 01:47:18 AM »

Who wouldn't want to spend less for an AR?  But those are the running prices right now at existing gun stores.  In fact, 'sa dinami-dami ng mga gunstores dyan sa MCS, wala ni isa na nag admit having brand new HPFs available for sale, except probably for Twin Pines, who had those out of stock AK-47s.
"No to Noynoy" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=153794897124
-------------------
"I don't know what its called.  I just know the sound that it makes, when it takes away the life of a person" - Four Leaf Tayback

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2009, 03:27:32 AM »
Who wouldn't want to spend less for an AR?  But those are the running prices right now at existing gun stores.  In fact, 'sa dinami-dami ng mga gunstores dyan sa MCS, wala ni isa na nag admit having brand new HPFs available for sale, except probably for Twin Pines, who had those out of stock AK-47s.

assemble your own will save you a lot from those prices. 

Blackhand

• Frustrated panzertruppe
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2009, 05:07:50 AM »

From: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=482117&publicationSubCategoryId=69

Gun show up at Megatrade
Updated June 29, 2009 12:00 AM 

MANILA, Philippines - The Association of Firearms and Ammunition Dealers (AFAD) will hold a “Best-Dressed Gun Competition” to showcase the Filipino gunsmiths’ ingenuity and craftsmanship in gun assembly during the 2009 Defense and Sporting Arms Show (DSAS) slated July 16-19 at the Megatrade Hall 1 and 2, Building B, SM Megamall, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City.

Hector Rodriguez, AFAD president, said the contest is open to all licensed firearms owners. Each entry must be assembled by a licensed AFAD gunsmith and recognized by the PNP Firearms and Explosives Division.

The competition involves two categories: Pistol with two classes – stock and open; and rifle. A maximum of three entries per AFAD dealer is allowed.

Judging will be from July 16-19 for the Best Pistol Stock, Best Pistol Open, Best Rifle and the overall Best Dressed Gun. The DSAS visitors will be given ballots to vote for the Best Dressed Gun and the entry with the most number of points will win the People’s Choice Award.

Announcement of winners and awarding will be on July 20 at 6 p.m. at the Megatrade Hall exhibit area.

Entry forms may be requested from the AFAD secretariat 414-3062 (c/o Osang or Jay) and Trade Show International 671-8381 to 82 (c/o Louise).

-------

ask ko lang po, may entrance fee po ba sa ganitong mga event para sa mga magsisight seeing lang?
"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."
- Kahlil Gibran

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” - John Quincy Adams

prairiefire

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2009, 07:19:03 AM »
From: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=482117&publicationSubCategoryId=69

ask ko lang po, may entrance fee po ba sa ganitong mga event para sa mga magsisight seeing lang?

yep BH. They charge an admission fee of between 50-100 pesos. Not bad, for what you get to see.

135k for a bone-stock Bushmaster, though certainly not cheap as bro M has correctly commented, is not out of line for weaponry like this, Mr. Sig. Its not cheap, but not a total ripoff either. Considering that hustlers in Cebu sell slightly upgraded versions of these same Bushmasters for 250k each, 135k sounds downright reasonable to me.  :P

K1s are nice, and I would like to have one, but they just don't have the same cachet as the ARs do. Can't be accessorized as well, not as ergonomic, parts replacement can be a bitch, etc.etc.etc.  :twisted:

mamiyapis

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2009, 07:26:50 AM »
Wow! It would probably be cool to join, but at the risk of being called OMFG D31t4! :lol:

Ben_Paltik

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »
Considering that hustlers in Cebu sell slightly upgraded versions of these same Bushmasters for 250k each, 135k sounds downright reasonable to me.  :P

Dang!  I passed up on a brand new Franken AR with a 10.5" sabre upper and dpms lower that was being sold for less than 135k!   :bash:

Blackhand

• Frustrated panzertruppe
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2009, 03:13:40 AM »
yep BH. They charge an admission fee of between 50-100 pesos. Not bad, for what you get to see.

thanks sir!  :thumbsup:
"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."
- Kahlil Gibran

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” - John Quincy Adams

mamiyapis

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2009, 03:36:57 AM »
Dang!  I passed up on a brand new Franken AR with a 10.5" sabre upper and dpms lower that was being sold for less than 135k!   :bash:

Wow. That was a real waste... a Sabre Defense upper huh? *whistles* That would have been a pretty slick piece of kit right there, Sabre is top-shelf in terms of quality.

cebuboy

• low speed high drag chairborne operator
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2009, 03:58:56 AM »
Now, that is a waste, Sabre's rep in barrel making is top notch.
“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being.” - Bishnu Shrestha

Ben_Paltik

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2009, 06:11:06 AM »
Yep, I've heard of Sabre's rep.  The only reason I didn't get the Franken AR was the same guy was also selling a stripped Sabre 10.5" barrel.  I bought that since I didn't have the moolah or the need for another complete rifle.   I'll slowly build this one into a nice upper.   (|;)