Author Topic: philippines' anti-aircraft guns!  (Read 57266 times)

xyzseaman

• Starving Artiste
Re: philippines' anti-aircraft guns!
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2010, 03:30:24 AM »
These guns forms the first or second layer of an air defense... even though it's tracking system is only relying on the Mk1 EB, at least we have something to deploy.  :thumbsup:
Personal Illustration Site: http://stirfriedpencils.blogspot.com

PDFF

paul1

« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »
Im very sory po sa na galit sa akin. I dont mean it. Ang Itikita ng Chat ay bago po sa akin plus my typing habit with that CAPS text which I always used when Im using INMARSAT C onboard merchant ships.  :(

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »
Im very sory po sa na galit sa akin. I dont mean it. Ang Itikita ng Chat ay bago po sa akin plus my typing habit with that CAPS text which I always used when Im using INMARSAT C onboard merchant ships.  :(

No worries paul1  :beer:
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

ForceRecon

« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »

Inmarsat C !?!?!?  I use to sell that when it was cutting edge in late 80's early 90's.

slayermoonlight

• banat! hala sige lapit pa!
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2010, 11:43:06 PM »
Inmarsat C !?!?!?  I use to sell that when it was cutting edge in late 80's early 90's.

Inmarsat mini-C na yung latest. yung supplier namin ng navigational aids di na nagbebenta ng Inmarsat-C.  mini-C na yung latest. 

ooppss OT pala. soweee 
AsRock Z77 Extreme4, i5-3750K, Sapphire HD7970 3GB DDR5 OC, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, G.Skill ARES DDR3-1600 8GB x 2, Noctua NH-D14, CoolerMaster Storm Trooper, Razer Mouse & Keyboard

paul1

« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2010, 07:14:14 PM »
Sir Forcerecon and Slayermoonlight, my respect and appology. Thats maybe right sirs InMarSat C is well around in 80s.  A is faced out B is still around which can accomodate data and voice. InMarSat C can accomodate data only which is well around and cheaper to use. The latest upgrade is Fleet 77. There is no such thing as mini C only mini M sir that we use in merchant vessels which can accomodate voice only. A very cheap but bad equipment which operate only in spot beamed area of InMarSat sattellite area a limited one. Maybe C is in military uses which I dont have an idea. We have the latest toy on board which they call VSat which in able as to access internet on board anywhere in the world.
       Please sir. Im here to learn and share not to offend any body. I ask apology to whom I offended in the past. I was a Merchant Deck Marine officer and my knowledge about military is limited. I have  a very big respect to you guys and Im proud of you. Thats why I still believe and is still hope our AFP would be better. Every Dollar that I remitted in our mother land would be worth something. Ill do my part here abroad by sending remittances and to you guys, my salute.
NNNN

hmcsnipe

• "....the passion still burns.."
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »
....hehehehe! take it easy buddy. :)

I'm not putting the AFP down...Naaawa panga ako e, and i'm not that kind of freak to put them down!  :beer: :D

I'm just telling what i only observed in our country....you know the government talk too much and we can't even build our own guns and ammo factory. Opinion is opinion thats all! :D

Technically, we have Government Arsenal who's supposed to generate, safekeep and develop armaments and ammo, not to mention local private ventures like Floro Arms... But the question is, if GA's manufacturing AAA ammo... Do they? can somebody in this forum please shed a light on this?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:54:22 PM by hmcsnipe »
"...the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by FORCE."
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  - Hebrews 4:12

"Follow Excellence... Success will chase you, pants down.. o_O"

dallas101

• we do not run... we fallback
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
Hopefully in the future they would augment it with mounted stinger SAMs at least.

Wenden

« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2010, 05:19:08 AM »
tanung lang....how many AA guns we have in inventory? (combination of both for the PA, PAF, PN) Next is are they distributed all thorughout the philippines or just in manila?

slayermoonlight

• banat! hala sige lapit pa!
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2010, 05:36:05 AM »
kahit Stingers ok na. magdadalawang isip na rin ang kalaban na lumipad sa loob ng territory natin yan.  

OT lang uli:

@ paul1 - actually Inmarsat mini-C and mini-M are still  Inmarsat C and M. Equipment are just more "compact".  (Antennas and transceiver unit are already combined like the SAILOR gmdss equipments of Thrane & Thrane).  And correct me if I'm wrong, SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) requires that GMDSS consoles of ships should have Inmarsat C, M, Fleet 77,  an MF/HF radio, VHF and UHF conventional fixed radio for onboard ship communication and an SSAS (Ship Security Alert System) consisting of at least 2 covert buttons.  Thats what were providing for all the ships of Daewoo shipping (oh by the way I'm working as a systems integrator).  I'll be glad to hear more information for those who actually work in the ship.   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:39:48 AM by slayermoonlight »
AsRock Z77 Extreme4, i5-3750K, Sapphire HD7970 3GB DDR5 OC, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, G.Skill ARES DDR3-1600 8GB x 2, Noctua NH-D14, CoolerMaster Storm Trooper, Razer Mouse & Keyboard

Adroth

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »

Technically, we have Government Arsenal who's supposed to generate, safekeep and develop armaments and ammo, not to mention local private ventures like Floro Arms... But the question is, if GA's manufacturing AAA ammo... Do they? can somebody in this forum please shed a light on this?

I'm afraid not. The largest caliber the GA manufactures is .50 cal.

http://www.arsenal.mil.ph/profmanu.html

hmcsnipe

• "....the passion still burns.."
« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »
I'm afraid not. The largest caliber the GA manufactures is .50 cal.

http://www.arsenal.mil.ph/profmanu.html

thanks, Sir A!

follow up question: from where do we acquire these ammunitions? do we buy them abroad? what are the variants, if applicable?
"...the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by FORCE."
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  - Hebrews 4:12

"Follow Excellence... Success will chase you, pants down.. o_O"

Adroth

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2010, 01:35:25 PM »
follow up question: from where do we acquire these ammunitions? do we buy them abroad? what are the variants, if applicable?

Invariably from abroad. We do not consume enough of this ammo to make it economical to produce locally.

The sources of ammo vary, depending on which vendor submits the best bids.

paul1

« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2010, 05:55:32 AM »
Sir slayermoonlight Im looking forward to be your freind and share some ideas together.
 :beer:

blackjack33

« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »
I like it, this is thinking out of the box!
keep up the good work.
I would also suggest the gun crews train on drills with flash bangs simulating bomb dropping close by.
The problem with open AA batteries is that crews tend to abandon their duties when something is close by there by negating their job.
Crews must also practice skeet shooting to get the idea to lead targets.
B-17 gun crews train on the back on GMC/CCKW truck moving at speed and trying to hit moving targets AT RANGE SIMULTANEOUSLY.
using long shot guns and then M2 machine guns during WW2, if you didn't hit targets you were reassigned.
i hope this should help AA CREWS

duty, honor and country