Author Topic: Our Islamic Heritage and Photos / Videos of Muslim Mindanao  (Read 56412 times)

juan9

Re: Our Islamic Heritage and Photos / Videos of Muslim Mindanao
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »
THE CHARITY OF MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD
 7 September 2010

We  witness the contrast of two countries-China and Pakistan in a
time of great tragedy.
Both were devastated by disastrous flooding, landslides, massive
destruction and loss of lives.
The Chinese responded  by mobilizing their own resources, thousand of the armed
forces, police and volunteers systematically tackled the problems. You see Chinese all
over the country giving donations in all forms, cash and kinds.
The Chinese leaders were at the site of tragedy within 24 hours.

In Pakistan, the President was enjoying his holiday trip to London, and he has yet to make his first visit to the scene of tragedy.

In Pakistan, we see the long lines of the affected and refugees, dressed in their long
robes, blaming the government  for not coming to help them, and so they just sit down and wait and wait, and they are absolutely incapable of organizing themselves to help
themselves, because the suffering that befall them is God's will- inshaallah!
China has not asked for a single cent from other countries or international
organizations for assistance.

In the meantime, the UN is seeking $460 million for Pakistan.The Talibans said it will
give Pakistan $20 million if it rejects aids from the western infidels!

The US has pledged $50 million, Australia $9 million. 
 And the Arab countries?

Kuwait pledged $5 million, Turkey $0.28 million, and UAE $0.028 million which is
Less than the cost of a toy for an Arab Sheik!  The rich Arabs have oil and cash to drown
themselves, but none to spare to help their fellow Muslims!

In every tragedy, it is always the western infidels and wealthy Asian nations who
respond to the sufferings of the Muslims! 

Where is all the love and brotherhood  that Muslims preach in their holy Koran? Each
day we hear them pray  so loud and clear, but how many reach out to their pockets to
give something to their suffering Muslim brothers?

The wonders and greatness of Islam and Muslims.  Muslims and Islam still remain a
great mystery to me!

Have a nice day!

CelticsBigThree

• Magdiwang
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2011, 10:26:17 PM »
Tama yang artikulo na yan, pag may mga sakunang nagyayari sa isang muslim nation ang unang tumutulong sa kanila ay mga christian nations.

Ang gagawin pa ng iba magpapadala ng mga missionaries para tumulong, tapos ang gagawin naman nila sa mga missionaries kikidnapin tapos papatayin.

hays buhay nga naman!

Panaho’y matamis sa tinubuang Bayan at pawang panglugod ang baling matanauan, ang simo’y sa parang ay panghatid buhay, tapat ang pagirog, sulit ang mamatay. – Laong Laan
==================================
Aling pag-ibig pa ang hihigit kaya, Sa pagkadalisay at pagkadakila, Gaya ng pag-ibig sa tinubuang lupa, Aling pag-ibig pa? Wala na nga, wala. Kung sa pagtatanggol buhay ang kapalit, Ito’y kapalaran at tunay na langit - MayPagasa
Ang gawang magaling na nagbuhat sa paghahambog o pagpipita sa sarili, at hindi talagang nasang gumawa ng kagalingan, ay di kabaitan. Kung ang umaakay ay tungo sa sama, ang pagtutunguhan ng inaakay ay kasamaan din. – Pingkian

Col.Mundy

• Retreat? Hell, we just got here!
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2011, 10:54:07 AM »
I grew up in southern mindanao and i still live here (south cotabato in particular), and i must say the moros here dare not incur the ire of the christians.

we do not care if they kill each other (as they always do, they do it all the time the police no longer bothers to investigate the crime since blood money will be paid anyway) but if one muslim kills a christian... its like 10 of them die. we see floating bodies without heads in the local creek with the heads found at the gate of the local mosque.

its tragic that Imperial Manila has betrayed us in signing that god-awful MOA-AD bull****, but hey, if these ****ers try to declare an independent muslim state, be prepared for genocide, because that is what the christian civilians are going to do to the local muslim population.

i already have my own private armory just in case it happens on my lifetime.

anyway, based on my experience being surrounded by these ragheads, if we want to win this war, we better be prepared to do terrible things, and i mean terrible things. these people cannot be taught, cannot be assimilated, insist their own crooked ways are correct and impose them on others with the fervor of adolf hitler and josef stalin combined and amplified tenfold, to such a degree that they will kill you for your car just because its pretty and you wont sell it to them. they want your job, and you dont want to resign, BANG, your dead, he takes your job.

their children will continue this since this is the way they are. they wont accept nothing less than a talibanic country smack in the middle of Mindanao.

I love my country, even willing to die for her. My ancestors arent even of Filipino Descent, My family on my mother's side is Chinese, My father's side, Italian. But i am a filipino, all the same and i will kill with my bare hands anyone stupid enough to rip this country apart.

The time for bargaining with these people has gone and passed. they are as determined to get rid of the Christian Stench in mindanao, i say we get rid of the Islamic Stain in our country

my recommendations (these may be police state methods but these are the only things left that would work):

1. Put all muslims in concentration camps for processing and "re-education"
2. All muslims found to be loyal to the republic can enjoy full citizenship
3. muslims who even think of secession should be considered an enemy of the state and be executed
4. the MILF should be exterminated like the cockroaches that they are.
5. any foreigners caught helping the MILF should be treated as enemy combatants and be shot as one.

before we do any modernization for external threats, lets finish the reds and these ragheads first!
you will go further with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word

lex non distinguitur nos non distinguere debemus

our founding fathers designed the constitution to prevent the presidency from becoming another form of tyrrany, an elected king.

hughdotoh

« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
 :smoke:

Have a smoke, Mundy. People here get upset with that kind of talk. Treating them kaffir-like just makes the native Mindanao people angrier.

Col.Mundy

• Retreat? Hell, we just got here!
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2011, 04:29:55 PM »
if you know what its like living with these people, you would understand.

sure, some of them are educated, sophisticated, and the like, but most are what i have described in my previous post; arrogant, secessionist, anti-semitic (i dont know why, the jews never hurt them), and most importantly, they want to install an old moronic way of government that is undemocratic, non-humanitarian, misogynistic and warlike.

if you dont believe me, go live here for at least 10 years, then you would understand.

and hughdotoh, im still calm, you should have seen me when the bombed my city. if my girlfriend didnt dissuade me, i would have started a lynching mob
you will go further with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word

lex non distinguitur nos non distinguere debemus

our founding fathers designed the constitution to prevent the presidency from becoming another form of tyrrany, an elected king.

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »
Yup Genocide, like how the Christians did during the 70's oh wait... that didnt work out all to well for the Christians.  Read your history books and you will see, how the Muslims and Christians were coexisting up until the late 60's and how they became radicalized and trust me it's the governments fault.

This coming from a guy who's family came from Cotabato City.  Once you start thinking like the bandits, I suggest it's time for you to go move to another place.
Alcohol only hurts me because it loves me.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...
Ezekiel: 25-17

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****

Ignatius1

« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
Yup Genocide, like how the Christians did during the 70's oh wait... that didnt work out all to well for the Christians.  Read your history books and you will see, how the Muslims and Christians were coexisting up until the late 60's and how they became radicalized and trust me it's the governments fault.

This coming from a guy who's family came from Cotabato City.  Once you start thinking like the bandits, I suggest it's time for you to go move to another place.

I can't say that I agree with Mundy - it really is crazy to think that way. However, the frustrations caused by the crap that some of them do makes me wonder about the Romans and the Carthaginians. Rome eventually got pissed off enough that they went to Carthage and leveled the place. If the Carthaginians had quit after the first go around, would they still be around today?

I don't know. It's just frustrating.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »
I can't say that I agree with Mundy - it really is crazy to think that way. However, the frustrations caused by the crap that some of them do makes me wonder about the Romans and the Carthaginians. Rome eventually got pissed off enough that they went to Carthage and leveled the place. If the Carthaginians had quit after the first go around, would they still be around today?

I don't know. It's just frustrating.

And maybe Rome would not have been burned to the ground if it tried to understand the issues of its neighbors instead of beating them to a pulp.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****

Barber 6

• MBAC 21
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
Mundy, what the heck are you smoking?

Ignatius1

« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2011, 08:30:12 PM »
And maybe Rome would not have been burned to the ground if it tried to understand the issues of its neighbors instead of beating them to a pulp.

There's a lot of reasons why Rome "burned to the ground," but it is still there and it imparted to the rest of the world a whole lot more. The Carthaginians? Not so much.

What the Muslims are missing is a reformation type event that makes Islam an individual religion that guides individual actions vice an all encompassing entity that inflexibly directs every facet of life (government, commerce, science, art, etc.).
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
There's a lot of reasons why Rome "burned to the ground," but it is still there and it imparted to the rest of the world a whole lot more. The Carthaginians? Not so much.

What the Muslims are missing is a reformation type event that makes Islam an individual religion that guides individual actions vice an all encompassing entity that inflexibly directs every facet of life (government, commerce, science, art, etc.).

See therein is the problem, somehow we Christians tend to think we have a monopoly in enlightenment.  Before Rome ancient civilizations have existed that was far more enlightened, Assyrians and what not.  Same things as in the medievel era it was the Christians that was acting like a barbarian when Islam had a renaissance.  About at that time so did the confuscians of the East.

In fact more facets of Science, Commerce, and art exist today from those religions than say the Romans.

To bring it back to the Philippine setting, in my opinion the war in Mindanao is not about Muslims teaching versus the Christian teachings. It was a legitimate grievance to different people caused by mismanagement of the government.  The only thing that a Tausug and Maranao would have in similarity is faith.  That's just due to the area they live being islamisized. Thinking of treating their grievance as a Moro problem will not help. Hence, you keep seeing factions after factions coming out when peace has been done in one group.

Until now we see Mindanao as a Colony and the Filipino Muslims as a colonized people. Instead of spending a lot of money in the area to show them a better way of life, we spent money on arming Warlords to subjogate the people for the sake of Peace.  Peace being the killings stay locally and just among the Natives of the land.

If you and I are frustrated, think about the people living in those areas.

CelticsBigThree

• Magdiwang
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »
Hindi na natin mababago ang ganyang kalakaran sa ibang  mga kababayang muslim, pag pumapatay sila ng tao palaging sigaw "allahu akbar". Papatay ka ng  tao tapos sisigaw ka ng God is great?

Meron ka na bang nakitang kristyano na matapos pumatay ay sumigaw ng "Jesus Christ is great"!!!

lalo na yung mga terrorista, papatay ng tao tapos sigawan "God is great" at may hawak pang koran sa kabilang kamay, sa kabila naman ay baril. Mismong mga clerics nila, ayaw sayawin yung mga kapwa nila muslim.

Yung mga kristyano sa Middle east na pinapatay, kelan lang yung sa egypt na pinasabugan yung simbahan. Ilan na bang christian missionaries ang punugutan nila ng ulo sa african region?

Hindi naman nakakapagtaka dahil sila-sila mismo kung magpatayan ay bomba dito, bomba roon. Sunni vs Shiite, pasabugan ng bomba sa kani-kanilang mosque.

Sana mabago na ganitong kalakaran, wala na tayo sa barbarong henerasyon. Nasa moderno na tayo, pero ang ilan sa batas nila pang barbaro pa rin.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:00:26 PM by CelticsBigThree »

Panaho’y matamis sa tinubuang Bayan at pawang panglugod ang baling matanauan, ang simo’y sa parang ay panghatid buhay, tapat ang pagirog, sulit ang mamatay. – Laong Laan
Aling pag-ibig pa ang hihigit kaya, Sa pagkadalisay at pagkadakila, Gaya ng pag-ibig sa tinubuang lupa, Aling pag-ibig pa? Wala na nga, wala. Kung sa pagtatanggol buhay ang kapalit, Ito’y kapalaran at tunay na langit - MayPagasa
Ang gawang magaling na nagbuhat sa paghahambog o pagpipita sa sarili, at hindi talagang nasang gumawa ng kagalingan, ay di kabaitan. Kung ang umaakay ay tungo sa sama, ang pagtutunguhan ng inaakay ay kasamaan din. – Pingkian

snapper32

« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2011, 09:17:20 PM »
to sir firenzi thanks for the effort in researching and uploading the materials learnd alot bout our heritage tnx again.GBU :bravo:

Ignatius1

« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
See therein is the problem, somehow we Christians tend to think we have a monopoly in enlightenment.  Before Rome ancient civilizations have existed that was far more enlightened, Assyrians and what not.  Same things as in the medievel era it was the Christians that was acting like a barbarian when Islam had a renaissance.  About at that time so did the confuscians of the East.

In fact more facets of Science, Commerce, and art exist today from those religions than say the Romans.
A lot of room for historical debate there, but it would digress from the thread.

To bring it back to the Philippine setting, in my opinion the war in Mindanao is not about Muslims teaching versus the Christian teachings. It was a legitimate grievance to different people caused by mismanagement of the government.  The only thing that a Tausug and Maranao would have in similarity is faith.  That's just due to the area they live being islamisized. Thinking of treating their grievance as a Moro problem will not help. Hence, you keep seeing factions after factions coming out when peace has been done in one group.

Until now we see Mindanao as a Colony and the Filipino Muslims as a colonized people. Instead of spending a lot of money in the area to show them a better way of life, we spent money on arming Warlords to subjogate the people for the sake of Peace.  Peace being the killings stay locally and just among the Natives of the land.

I agree that it really isn't about Muslim teaching vs Christian teachings as both of those can coexist as long as both understand that religion is an individual aspect of life. That part of the problem surfaces when one group (generally the Muslims) starts talking about wanting their own Islamic state.

Do most Filipinos really see Mindanao as a colony, and Muslims there as colonized people? I doubt it. I believe most Filipinos see Mindanao for what it is - a part of the Philippines. I would also venture to say that most Filipinos think of Muslims in Mindanao as Filipinos. Unfortunately, some Muslims have done a good job of tainting the whole group giving other Filipinos the idea that most Muslims do not want to be Filipino.

You are right about the need to improve the general welfare in that part of the Philippines. Unfortunately, just as there are Muslims who would like to create their own kingdoms, there are other Filipinos (Christians I guess) who equally work towards creating their own. All courtesy of a central government that has failed to do its job in the area for quite some time.  
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:36 PM »
A lot of room for historical debate there, but it would digress from the thread.
Agree

I agree that it really isn't about Muslim teaching vs Christian teachings as both of those can coexist as long as both understand that religion is an individual aspect of life. That part of the problem surfaces when one group (generally the Muslims) starts talking about wanting their own Islamic state.

Why shouldn't they?  That's what the Filipinos did when they were mistreated by their Spanish overlord.  Why can't the Filipino Muslims ask for their own state if they feel like they are mistreated?  Why can't Mindanao?

Do most Filipinos really see Mindanao as a colony, and Muslims there as colonized people? I doubt it. I believe most Filipinos see Mindanao for what it is - a part of the Philippines. I would also venture to say that most Filipinos think of Muslims in Mindanao as Filipinos. Unfortunately, some Muslims have done a good job of tainting the whole group giving other Filipinos the idea that most Muslims do not want to be Filipino.

Most Filipinos see Mindanao as part of Philippines the way the British thought the Americas was theirs.  Meaning, yeah its ours so we dictate how the people  living in those areas should leave and we use that land for the Philippines.

The Filipino Muslims didnt do a good job, the rest of the country already thought so. When Manila decided to do homesteading in Mindanao without talking to the people from that area already, then how would you expect them to react?  There was a lot os missed opportunities wherein the Philippine Government could have shown in its sincerity and instead went with its alterior motives.

Plus, even in Manila if you listen to the radio station "Car napping in Metro Manila = the whole country is going to hell"  The world revolcves around Manila in this place.

You are right about the need to improve the general welfare in that part of the Philippines. Unfortunately, just as there are Muslims who would like to create their own kingdoms, there are other Filipinos (Christians I guess) who equally work towards creating their own. All courtesy of a central government that has failed to do its job in the area for quite some time.  
[/quote]