Author Topic: PMAEE (Philippine Military Academy Entrance Examinations)  (Read 16488 times)

Barber 6

• MBAC 21
PMAEE (Philippine Military Academy Entrance Examinations)
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:38:32 AM »
The Philippine Military Academy will be having its Annual Entrance Examination on August 31 2009. Those who are interested to give selfless service to our nation is highly encouraged to take the exam. Please see the attached files for more details.

Qualifications for Admission:

1. Natural born Filipino citizen.

2. Physically fit and of good moral character.

3. Single and have never been married.

4. Height Requirements— 5’ 4”  if male; 5’ 2”  if female; (not to exceed 6’ 4” for both)

5. At least high school graduate with a grade point average (GPA) of 85 percent or higher. (Note: Applicants who have GPA below 85%,  who come from reputable schools will still be entertained provided that you pass your applications thru snail mail. The application should reach the Office of Cadet Admissions not later than August 15 2009)

6. At least 17 years old but not a day older than 22 years on 01 April of the year following the date of examination taken.

Benefits and Privileges:

1. The rare privilege to serve your motherland.

2. A well-rounded education; academics, leadership and physical fitness..

3. Progressive career as an officer in the Philippine Army, Navy or Air Force.

4. Receive a monthly salary while studying.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS (PFT)

EVENT                                                                                  MALE                            FEMALE

Pull up                                                                                  5 reps                     Flexed arm hang

25 secs Sit up                                                                      33 reps                          28 reps

Push up for male/ bench push up for female                          32 reps                          28 reps

Sit & Reach                                                                          40 cm                            40 cm

Standing Long Jump                                                              5’ 8”                              4’ 4”

3.2 km (run)                                                                     18:10min                       20:10min

Contact Numbers:

Office of Cadet Admission   PMA, Fort del Pilar, Baguio City
PILTEL     (074)   446-8002
Trunk Lines: (074) 447-3690 local 6751 or 6752
Mobile Phone Nrs: 0927-3810-493 or  0918-5872-384

Public Information Office PMA, Fort del Pilar, Baguio City
Military Line: (074) 447-3690/447- 3886 local  6620                                                                                                                                                                                                           

PMA Liaison Office Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City
(02) 913-6286

Other Important Information:               

The PMA Entrance Examination covers Algebra and Geometry, Grammar and Composition, Reading and Comprehension, Verbal and Numerical Reasoning and Pattern Analysis. Examination permits are sent through mail to the address reflected by the applicants in their application forms.   

Ignatius1

Re: PMAEE (Philippine Military Academy Entrance Examinations)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »
B6,

Please provide some info on medical requirements, particularly disqualifying conditions.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Red Justice

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »
Sir B6,

Wala na po ba yung 100m dash?
Everyone likes to change the world but nobody wants to change oneself.

- Leo Tolstoy

Red Justice

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »
B6,

Please provide some info on medical requirements, particularly disqualifying conditions.

Sir I,

I will give you my personal account, unless my kumontra:
1. 20/20 Vision
2. Hindi flatfooted
3. Walang kulang sa katawan (I have 2 hands and 2 meet with 5 fingers each).
4. Walang almoranas (makakapa kapag nag-simulang mag-dial ng telepono during the medical exam)
5. Syempre no hernia.

- Leo Tolstoy

Ignatius1

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »
Sir I,

I will give you my personal account, unless my kumontra:
1. 20/20 Vision
2. Hindi flatfooted
3. Walang kulang sa katawan (I have 2 hands and 2 meet with 5 fingers each).
4. Walang almoranas (makakapa kapag nag-simulang mag-dial ng telepono during the medical exam)
5. Syempre no hernia.

How about color vision, previous surgeries, previous conditions like asthma or diabetes? It's amazing how much really gets looked at medically.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

ka nognog

• MBAC 21
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 09:33:19 PM »
How about color vision, previous surgeries, previous conditions like asthma or diabetes? It's amazing how much really gets looked at medically.

these things (and more) are looked into during the Medical and Psychological Exam phase after an applicant passed the written exam.
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...."

Failure Analysis

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 01:41:30 AM »
Good luck candidates!
"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth." Ayn Rand (1905–1982)

ka nognog

• MBAC 21
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 02:11:20 AM »
interested parties may apply online here: http://ocadbms.pma.ph/
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...."

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
Alcohol only hurts me because it loves me.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...
Ezekiel: 25-17

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****

Ignatius1

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »
Oh trust me Igs they check everything EVERYTHING!!! :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4&feature=PlayList&p=68E6D6BEC4C7CF0B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

I'm sure I can related to the checking of everything. I just think it would be helpful for aspiring applicants to have some knowledge about what disqualifies people BEFORE they go through the trouble of taking the test and going to where ever they need to go for processing.

Prospective recruit to recruiter: "What do you mean I need hair to join? Can't I just wear an Indian (feathers kind) head dress like that one guy in Timawa? We can't all look like Colin Farrell you know?"

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:47:55 PM by Ignatius1 »
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Barber 6

• MBAC 21
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
I'm sure I can related to the checking of everything. I just think it would be helpful for aspiring applicants to have some knowledge about what disqualifies people BEFORE they go through the trouble of taking the test and going to where ever they need to go for processing.

Prospective recruit to recruiter: "What do you mean I need hair to join? Can't I just wear an Indian (feathers kind) head dress like that one guy in Timawa? We can't all look like Colin Farrell you know?"

Here's the thing...if you know you have some form of illness that may cause death when you undergo a very rigid training regimen, then don't apply. This happened before, an applicant have heart problems and his father made some magic and he passed the Medical Part of the Screening...guess what happened?

Those are Magic Feathers Sir I... :thumbsup:

Ignatius1

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 03:21:15 PM »

Those are Magic Feathers Sir I... :thumbsup:

I knew it!!! Got to get me some of those!!! :D :D
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Red Justice

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKTE75dgE4&feature=PlayList&p=68E6D6BEC4C7CF0B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

Holy cow ... Nang makita ko yung video nagflashback yung memory ko when we underwent this exam.

Uuppss ... Period na muna on my replies.

- Leo Tolstoy

ka nognog

• MBAC 21
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »

Holy cow ... Nang makita ko yung video nagflashback yung memory ko when we underwent this exam.

Uuppss ... Period na muna on my replies.

aaah... nice to know na biktima din kayo...  :smoke:

Red Justice

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »
aaah... nice to know na biktima din kayo...  :smoke:

Yes sir, member ako ng PMACCLG XI-B2 (1994). 4 sa mga buddies ko naka-graduate sa Class 1998.

Maswerte ako kasi number 1 ang natapat, the succeeding 2 buddies of mine got 2 & 3 kaya pilipit ng konti yung last sa amin tatawa-tawa kasi he got number 4 no pain daw. Kasukat pa naman ng PENTEL Pen yung mga ... Ooopppss hanggang dito na lang.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:13:05 PM by Red Justice »

- Leo Tolstoy