The Philippine Military Academy will be having its Annual Entrance Examination on August 31 2009. Those who are interested to give selfless service to our nation is highly encouraged to take the exam. Please see the attached files for more details.
Qualifications for Admission:
1. Natural born Filipino citizen.
2. Physically fit and of good moral character.
3. Single and have never been married.
4. Height Requirements 5 4 if male; 5 2 if female; (not to exceed 6 4 for both)
5. At least high school graduate with a grade point average (GPA) of 85 percent or higher. (Note: Applicants who have GPA below 85%, who come from reputable schools will still be entertained provided that you pass your applications thru snail mail. The application should reach the Office of Cadet Admissions not later than August 15 2009)
6. At least 17 years old but not a day older than 22 years on 01 April of the year following the date of examination taken.
Benefits and Privileges:
1. The rare privilege to serve your motherland.
2. A well-rounded education; academics, leadership and physical fitness..
3. Progressive career as an officer in the Philippine Army, Navy or Air Force.
4. Receive a monthly salary while studying.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR PHYSICAL FITNESS (PFT)
EVENT MALE FEMALE
Pull up 5 reps Flexed arm hang
25 secs Sit up 33 reps 28 reps
Push up for male/ bench push up for female 32 reps 28 reps
Sit & Reach 40 cm 40 cm
Standing Long Jump 5 8 4 4
3.2 km (run) 18:10min 20:10min
Office of Cadet Admission PMA, Fort del Pilar, Baguio City
PILTEL (074) 446-8002
Trunk Lines: (074) 447-3690 local 6751 or 6752
Mobile Phone Nrs: 0927-3810-493 or 0918-5872-384
Public Information Office PMA, Fort del Pilar, Baguio City
Military Line: (074) 447-3690/447- 3886 local 6620
PMA Liaison Office Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City
Other Important Information:
The PMA Entrance Examination covers Algebra and Geometry, Grammar and Composition, Reading and Comprehension, Verbal and Numerical Reasoning and Pattern Analysis. Examination permits are sent through mail to the address reflected by the applicants in their application forms.