The Squad Leader is responsible for everything that his team does or fails to do.
1. Controls the maneuver of his squad and each rate and contribution of fire.
2. Trains his squad on the individual and collective tasks required to sustain combat effectiveness.
3.Manages squad logistics and administrative needs.
4. Accounts for his men and equipment.
5. Completes casualty feeder reports and reviews reports by his men.
6. Submits reports for awards and decorations.
7. Directs maintenance of squad equipment and weapons.
8. Inspects conditions of weapons, uniform and clothing.
9. Ensures equal distribution of supplies and materials among squad members.
10. Keeps pltn sgt and/or leader of the status of squad supplies and equipment.
11. Ensures equipment and supplies are cross-level within the squad.