Author Topic: What is PNP-SAF's Doctrine?  (Read 4565 times)

mondo bizzaro

What is PNP-SAF's Doctrine?
« on: August 05, 2004, 04:03:03 AM »
What is their mandate? They seem to be pretty well armed with some logistic support. They could go at it with the PSG or some SF units from the military. I think secretly that is their purpose. In case one or the other mounts another coup or rebellion.

I'm originaly from Mindanao and I've seen them operating in Cotabato, Zambo and Davao. At least I think I do judging frm the uniforms.

Pretty odd for a police force to be armed with galils, Saw/Minimi, M60A2, Barrets .50cal sniper rifles, M203 rifles, hummers mounted with machine guns or that 40mm rounds and camouflages with delicious colors. It's like a chocolate chip cookie with strawberry cream swirls!

CBCP - When we have to absolutely interfere.

My therapist told me I had delusions of sexual superiority.

I know she just wants to fnkc me.

So I told her: Get in line b!tch.

David Holtz, Canadian comedian

gritpaladin

PNP Preparations
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:42:11 AM »
I think the PNP-SAF are being groomed or trained and armed to the teeth to fight internal insurgency....who knows the Philippine Armed Forces will focus on External Defense of our Country....PNP are armed with V150 Commandos and they got their own MG520 attack helicopters (brown colored)...

Sergeant Major

Top 10 PNP-SAF Doctrine
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 07:35:22 AM »
1. For Gold, Glory, and Girls!
2. Guns don't kill people. We kill people!
3. Shoot first, ask questions never.
4. Can you say "excruciating torture"?
5. katawan, katawan, katawan, katawan.... OHHH KATAWAN!!
6. They shot at us first, so we retaliated with everything we got.
7. Who's afraid of Panfilo Lacson?
8. Sing a song of kuratong...
9. Integrity - morality + rich chinese kids = $$$
10. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! YEAH RIGHT!!

texan

• MBAC 21
Re: Top 10 PNP-SAF Doctrine
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 06:56:31 PM »
Quote from: Sergeant Major
1. For Gold, Glory, and Girls!
2. Guns don't kill people. We kill people!
3. Shoot first, ask questions never.
4. Can you say "excruciating torture"?
5. katawan, katawan, katawan, katawan.... OHHH KATAWAN!!
6. They shot at us first, so we retaliated with everything we got.
7. Who's afraid of Panfilo Lacson?
8. Sing a song of kuratong...
9. Integrity - morality + rich chinese kids = $$$
10. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas! YEAH RIGHT!!

what about shoot first then fire a warning shot later?

Anyway seriously anybody knows the current stregnth of the PNP-SAF ?

I always think that they can handle the Insurgency pacification that involves the NPA and let the AFP handle the MILF.
Say Hello to my little friend...!!

Pauper

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 07:49:21 PM »
i believe the PNP SAF took its roots from the defunct PC-INP SAF which replaced the Metrocom Light Reaction Unit, an anti-terrorist force. however, their role is not limited here. They also do COIN roles to complement the PNP Regional/Provincial Mobile Groups which inherited the COIN functions of the defunct PC Companies.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 10:54:08 AM »
Quote from: Pauper
i believe the PNP SAF took its roots from the defunct PC-INP SAF which replaced the Metrocom Light Reaction Unit, an anti-terrorist force. however, their role is not limited here. They also do COIN roles to complement the PNP Regional/Provincial Mobile Groups which inherited the COIN functions of the defunct PC Companies.

I beleive you're right. I have a friend here who says his brother was part of the first batch of SAF and as you've said PC-INP. His brother was stationed in Negros fighting the commies. But he also said the newer SAF were just HS grads of College undergrads, so medyo patapun na ang buhay? Is that right?

warprick

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 10:19:36 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous
But he also said the newer SAF were just HS grads of College undergrads, so medyo patapun na ang buhay? Is that right?

The SAF personnel are police officers and have to pass the same requirements as that of the regular PNP.

warprick

copper

Re: What is PNP-SAF's Doctrine?
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 08:12:36 AM »
their doctrine?just like the doctrine of the PNP but what's the difference is that they train well and and with such virtues.their mission to conduct special operations.they have highly sophisticated firearm that maybe you can only see them on television.but most they have pride and honor disciplined...

saver111

• MBAC 21
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »
their doctrine?just like the doctrine of the PNP but what's the difference is that they train well and and with such virtues.their mission to conduct special operations.they have highly sophisticated firearm that maybe you can only see them on television.but most they have pride and honor disciplined...

I've been a fan of the PC SAF before. But I remember one incident that they went in the news for the first time was rescuing one of their drunk members from a police station.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:43:31 AM by saver111 »
"In the interest of National Defense..."

"Ask not what your country can do for you... but ask what you can do for your country!"

HELP END PIRACY NOW!
SIGN PETITION HERE:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »

These kinds of self-serving statements do not do the PNP-SAF any good.

If you do not have information about the PNP-SAF doctrine, then it would be better that you had not posted at all.  :thumbsdown:
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

mysteyr

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 12:24:55 AM »
What is their mandate?

http://www.pnp.gov.ph/about/content/offices/central/saf/info/about/about.html

Our Mission

To plan and conduct special operations as a rapid deployment force anywhere in the country specially in the areas of counter-terrorism, hostage rescue, crowd control, and search and rescue and disturbance management in times of national disaster or emergencies.

Our Function

1. To develop, organize and train organic personnel in the furtherance of the assigned mission.
   2. To conduct counter terrorist operation in urban and rural areas.
   3. To conduct commando type unconventional warfare (CUW) against lawless elements over extended period of time with minimal direction and control.
   4. To conduct search and rescue operations anywhere in the country during calamities and catastrophes.
   5. To conduct civil disturbance management (CDM) operation and address the requirements of stability and security operations in times of civil disobedience on a national scale.
   6. To operate as a rapid deployment force ready and capable to strike anytime and anywhere in the country in support of other units and other agencies as higher headquarters may direct.
   7. To perform other tasks as the Chief PNP may direct.
   8. To maintain a reasonable degree of law and order in the national highways and major thoroughfares

How is that for a chop-suey function? 
  I think they take #3 very seriously -- with minimal direction and control. The civilians should have known better ...

http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=15234.0

prairiefire

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 08:33:24 AM »
Can anyone even define "COMMANDO-TYPE UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE"?   :lol: :jeez:

horge

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »

:)

If they can define "full-auto precision fire", then sisiw lang 'yang problema mo.
Whatever my comments, I do not have all the facts.
Neither does the military.

Barber 6

• MBAC 21
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 11:23:49 AM »
:)

If they can define "full-auto precision fire", then sisiw lang 'yang problema mo.

:lol: why do I have a feeling that it will slowly trickle to that topic...

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 07:23:30 PM »

Normal Unconventional Warfare = jungle boots
Commando type Unconventional Warfare = Oakley boots

Cant believe you guys didnt even know
Alcohol only hurts me because it loves me.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...
Ezekiel: 25-17

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****