General Discussion > General Discussion

Looking at Italian equipment?

<< < (68/147) > >>

israeli:
i tried to research on the sensors, specifically FCS, of the Maestrale class frigates, Lupo class (present-day Peruvian Aguirre class) frigates, Soldati (Artigliere) class frigates and Minerva class corvettes. maybe they could serve as good references to us, if ever.

Maestrale class frigates:

--- Quote ---http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/maestraleclassfrigat/

x x x

Sensors / radars

The sensor suite includes an RAN10S air and surface search radar, an SPN703 navigation radar, an RTN-10X fire control radar and two RTN-20X radars for the DARDO systems. DE 1164 variable depth sonar and DE1160B hull mounted sonar are fitted to detect and track submarines.
--- End quote ---

Lupo class (Peruvian Aguirre class) frigates:

--- Quote ---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupo_class_frigate

SADOC 2 combat management system
1 SPS-774 (RAN-10S) early warning radar
1 SPQ-2F CORA OTH surface search radar
1 SPS-702 (or RAN-11L/X) air/surface search radar
1 SPG-70 (RTN-10X) fire control radar
1 Mk 95 fire control radar
2 SPG-74 (RTN-20X) fire control radar
1 SPN-748 navigation radar
1 DE 1160B (SQS-56) hull sonar
--- End quote ---

-----

Soldati (Artigliere) class frigates:

--- Quote ---http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/lupo/

x x x

SENSORS

The ship's surface search radar is the Selex RAN 11 L/X and the navigation radar is the Selex SPN-703, both operating at I band. The Selex RAN 10 S air search radar operates at E and F bands and has a range of 150km. The ship has four fire control radars. Two I and J band Selex SPG-70 fire control radars are long-range (40km) systems for use with the NA 21 fire control system for the missiles and main gun. The Selex SPG-74 short-range (15km) fire control radar is used for the Dardo and the 40mm guns.

A Raytheon DE 1160B hull-mounted, medium-frequency, active search-and-attack sonar is also fitted
--- End quote ---

-----

Minerva class corvettes:

--- Quote ---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva_class_corvette

x x x

AA/ASu-Radar Selenia SPS-774 (RAN 10S) E/F Band
1 SMA SPS-728 Navigation radar
Sonar: Raytheon/Elsag DE-1167
Fire control: 1 Selenia SPG-75 (RTN 30X) for Albatros and 76mm
Communication: IPN-10 (Mini-SADOC), Link 11
--- End quote ---

Maestrales and Soldatis are armed with the Otomat SSM and the Aspide (Albatros) SAM.

the ex-Italian Lupos, now Peruvian Aguirres, are armed with the Otomat SSM and the Sea Sparrow SAM.

the Minervas are armed with the Aspide (Albatros) SAM.

P.S.: are the Mk. 95 FCS of ex-Italian Navy Lupos/present-day Peruvian Aguirres and the Mk. 92 FCS of the BRP Gregorio del Pilar related to each other?

phichanad:

--- Quote from: israeli on May 02, 2012, 02:27:46 AM ---i tried to research on the sensors, specifically FCS, of the Maestrale class frigates, Lupo class (present-day Peruvian Aguirre class) frigates, Soldati (Artigliere) class frigates and Minerva class corvettes. maybe they could serve as good references to us, if ever.

Maestrale class frigates:

Lupo class (Peruvian Aguirre class) frigates:

-----

Soldati (Artigliere) class frigates:

-----

Minerva class corvettes:

Maestrales and Soldatis are armed with the Otomat SSM and the Aspide (Albatros) SAM.

the ex-Italian Lupos, now Peruvian Aguirres, are armed with the Otomat SSM and the Sea Sparrow SAM.

the Minervas are armed with the Aspide (Albatros) SAM.

P.S.: are the Mk. 95 FCS of ex-Italian Navy Lupos/present-day Peruvian Aguirres and the Mk. 92 FCS of the BRP Gregorio del Pilar related to each other?

--- End quote ---

You mean all have RTN-10X and RTN-20X. The thing is, can this fire control radar set compatible to ESSM or other SAM systems?

israeli:
^ hi phichanad! :)

from the way i construe all of the stuff that i was able to gather (thanks Google :lol: ), the RTN-10X (SPG-70) and the RTN-20X (SPG-74) can be found on the Maestrales, the Soldatis and the Aguirres.

the only that set the Aguirres apart from the Maestrales and the Soldatis is that the Aguirres have the Mk. 95, which enables them to be wired for the Sea Sparrow SAM (and probably the ESSM). the Mk. 95 is not present on the Maestrales and the Soldatis, both of which have the Albatros-Aspide instead of the Sea Sparrow.

40niner_com:
The Dardo system -- which is the CIWS of the Italian surface combatants (FFG/DDG/CVS) uses the RTN-20X as tracking radar, and further has optotronic controls.  The system also has a programmable auto engagement range.  40mms are the guns used to prosecute the target and has a range of .9-3Kms.  There are two systems carried.

NA-10 and NA-11 fire control system uses the RTN-10X.  The radar is also associated with the Albatros/Aspide SAM system.  It provides continuous-wave illumination to the Aspide missile towards the target.  The Albatros was design to take data from a search radar (in this case RAN-10S).  So this has similar function with Mk.92 of the GdP.  This is also the fcs for the gun.  NA-10 was in Lupo; while Soldati has NA-11.  Maestrale uses the more advance NA-30 which uses the RTN-30X.

Mk.95 Mod 1 is used with the Mk.29 Sea Sparrow.

I'm getting nose-bled in just reading and understanding these stuff... :D  Radars and Electronics are very complex. :(

miggye:
if the fire control radar truly has the range or 40km for SAM work, then that would explain why my contact did not mention the ESSM or the Aster30 or the SM-2. did you notice that, aside from the Aspide, all the other missiles mentioned had a range of 10-25km? Continuous illumination would not be needed for the Sea Ceptor, RAM, and the Mistrals, however.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version