Author Topic: Russian Aircraft for PAF  (Read 2025 times)

Toblerone

• The hopeless searcher of love.
Russian Aircraft for PAF
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:59:18 PM »
It seems to me that the PAF is not that interested for Russian-made aircraft. Well, I made this thread to show Russian-made aircraft, and please do comment on what you think is favorable and not favorable, and what is needed by the PAF and what is not needed.

COIN Ops:
Sukhoi SU-25 "Frogfoot"

Length   14.6 m   47 ft 6 in
Wingspan   15.6 m   50 ft 10 in
Height   4.8 m   15 ft 9 in
Wing area 30.1 m   324 ft
Weights
Empty   9,185 kg   20,250 lb
Loaded   17,530 kg    38,645 lb
Maximum takeoff    20,500 kg    45,194 lb

Armament:
1x Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-30-2
11 hardpoints up to 4,400 kg worth of ordnance
Unit cost: 11 million dollars

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-25
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su25/
Mil Mi-17

Performance
The Mi-17 can climb at the rate of 8m/s. The maximum and cruise speed of the helicopter are 250km/h and 225km/h respectively. The range of the helicopter is 465km and the service ceiling is 6,000m. The aircraft weighs around 7,489kg and its maximum take-off weight is 13,000kg.

Klimov turboshaft engines
The Mi-8T helicopter is powered by two Klimov TV2-117 turboshafts engines. Deflectors are installed on the engine air intakes to prevent ingestion of dust when taking off from unprepared pads. The helicopters also have an auxiliary power unit (APU) for self-contained operations.
The helicopter carries 1,870l of fuel in two flexible internal tanks and two external tanks. The total fuel capacity can be increased to 3,700l by installing up to two ferry tanks in the cabin.

Mi-17 Hip multimission helicopter
The improved version of the Mi-8 is the Mi-17 Hip multipurpose helicopter, also known as the Mi-8TMB. It is specifically designed for improved capabilities at high altitudes and in hot weather conditions.
The Mi-17 is identifiable from the Mi-8 by the additional air filters on the turbine air intakes, as well as left hand side mounted tail rotor, required by the more powerful TB-3-117A turboshaft engines it is fitted with.

source: http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mi8-17-hip/
I'll find more as soon as I recover from this bloody broken arm.

Lurking.... :mac10:        :rip:

"Never let go of your dreams"
-Anonymous
"A man is like a soap bubble. When you finally realize its beauty, it had already popped off and before you know it, gone form the world."
-Sakata Gintoki

phichanad

Re: Russian Aircraft for PAF
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:20 AM »
Toblerone,

There are already a lot of discussions regarding Russian aircraft in this forum, and they have been running for several years already. Please do use the search button and read on, you'll be surprised on what you'll see with using the magic search button.

fzaq@TMW

• we are gripen pilots...WE FLY! joke :p
    • internetduty
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
another what ifs and fantasy thread?
ang mahalaga ay importante!

we don't have prostitution in olongapo, we only have entertainment with sex- some Dick

Toblerone

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »
As far as I am concerned with the rules, I think that it is another what-if thread. Sorry if I misplaced it, Adroth.

-Anonymous
"A man is like a soap bubble. When you finally realize its beauty, it had already popped off and before you know it, gone form the world."
-Sakata Gintoki

ambush

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:08:22 AM »
I was in Labuan, malaysia in May last year on a 3-day official business trip.  At the hotel I stayed, I noticed many Malaysian Air Force personnel, both pilots and ground personnel; going in and out the hotel, eating and hanging out in the lobby, they were in flight suits and fatigues (ground crew).  Some carried their flying helmets in flight bags....

Now, as we were doing our presentation in the morning, the jet roar could be heard;  at breaktime, I was told that they were Sukhoi fighters.  I could see their silhouttes clearly among the clouds and blue sky.  They also carried exercises at night because I could see the jets flying in the moonlight...Wow.  If we had these machines....Labuan also has a new naval base and I was told that their navy docks their submarines there.  look at the map for the proximity of Labuan to Zamboanga....

Which brings me to another point.  When listening to the old and retired Phil. Air Force, you could hear them boast of flying their F86s and F5s over Sabah in the mid-60s and the malaysians couldn't do anything about it.  Ngayon kaya?  Well, them were the days....

Toblerone

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 02:47:41 AM »
We could do it if we could stop rampant problems regarding with corruption.
-Anonymous
-Sakata Gintoki

CatsMeow@TMW

• Professional Skeptic
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 03:56:15 AM »
Unless you think like El Presidente Hugo Chavez who is busy "Russifying" the Venezuelan Armed Forces and, more importantly, has the moolah to do so...
MY GARDEN IS SMALLER THAN YOUR ROME, BUT MY PILUM IS HARDER THAN YOUR STERNUM

Toblerone

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »
There are enough strong people in the congress to do so, only that we need to change their focus.

Best Example: Miriam Defensor-Santiago
-Anonymous
-Sakata Gintoki