Author Topic: AT-6 Texan @ Clark  (Read 4331 times)

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
AT-6 Texan @ Clark
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »

Reportedly there for demonstration purposes. Note MD520 in background.

Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

Adroth

• Administrator
Re: AT-6 Texan @ Clark
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »

Blaze0313

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
Evaluation purposes? hehe. So, it looks like the airforce is interested. :bravo:. Hope they get some soon, as 11 more soldiers were just recently killed by NPA rebels ( it shows that the NPA forces as irrelevant as the AFP states can still cause casualties on our troops ). I hope to see the time, that the airforce will send multiple sorties at NPA bases for every soldier the kill.
"Give me a thousand Filipinos and I shall conquer the world" - General Douglas MacArthur

CatsMeow@TMW

• Professional Skeptic
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44:24 PM »
At first I thought it was the vintage radial-engined tail dragger North American AT-6... :D

It appears to be Raytheon's product demonstrator. Behind it and the Citation and Super King Air appears to be a KC-130. Some sort of manufacturer's demonstration?
MY GARDEN IS SMALLER THAN YOUR ROME, BUT MY PILUM IS HARDER THAN YOUR STERNUM

MOKONG

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:49 PM »
Cute. Would look macho if it had guns and pods hanging under the wing.

Adroth

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:09 PM »

Like this sir?

tagalacion@tmw

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »
Is this a coincidence - a Texan II strutting its stuff here just a few months before (the hoped for) PAF OV-10 replacement is going to be announced (sometime July, hopefully)? :D

I'm not saying Raytheon Aircraft is salivating over any putative PAF order which is almost sure to be modest.  But it's just possible they want the Texan II to put in some combat hours for marketing purposes to other more lucrative clients.  And considering this type might also be used as a BJT by the PAF, that certainly won't look bad on their brochure either.

If so, then we might be looking at our next COIN aircraft.  :thumbsup:

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/at-6b-light-attack/
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

" A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one" - Alexander Hamilton

"I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

firstknight

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »

plus the shark mouth in front  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

12th BCT

• Dulce bellum inexpertis...
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 03:19:44 AM »

Reportedly there for demonstration purposes. Note MD520 in background.

This photo is of an aircraft at Clark ?

With 2 Gun Pods, FFAR, 1 Heater and 2 External Fuel Tanks?
Ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora...

phichanad

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
This photo is of an aircraft at Clark ?

With 2 Gun Pods, FFAR, 1 Heater and 2 External Fuel Tanks?
Highly unlikely, but it may be the same demonstration aircraft, but photo was taken somewhere else, sometime ago.

israeli

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 08:27:29 PM »
interesting! :thumbsup:

i wonder if the PAF also requested for evaluation aircraft coming from Embraer (EMB-314 Super Tucano) and KAI (KT-1 Woongbee). the three-way race for the OV-10 replacement will be very interesting to watch.

well anyway, the armed variant of the Texan II looks nice but the Super Tucano seems to be meaner. :D
"I'm very determined. If I decide what something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul to it. The whole ground can be against me, but if I know it is right, I'll do it. That's the business of a leader." - Lee Kuan Yew

Adroth

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 02:23:01 AM »
interesting! :thumbsup:

i wonder if the PAF also requested for evaluation aircraft coming from Embraer (EMB-314 Super Tucano) and KAI (KT-1 Woongbee). the three-way race for the OV-10 replacement will be very interesting to watch.

well anyway, the armed variant of the Texan II looks nice but the Super Tucano seems to be meaner. :D

They have been evaluated. Reportedly, so was the Air Tractor. So its a four-way race.

http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=26107.msg308806#msg308806

AF-EXGD_FN-09

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 03:41:50 AM »
eto pla yun, i saw 3 of them in low flying formation at sta. rita pampanga...

akala ko nga p-51 eh... :lol:
Check out:

Leakage The Comic Series

Wing 5 The Comic Series

40niner_com

• Obsolete weapons do not deter.
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 08:19:41 AM »
Here's the press release of Hawker Beechcraft; issued May 15, 2012

Beechcraft T-6C Military Trainer Travels Around the Globe, Completes Successful Demo Tour

GENEVA, Switzerland --- Hawker Beechcraft Defense Company (HBDC) today announced it has completed a two-month, around-the-world demonstration tour of the T-6C Texan II military trainer, showcasing the world’s most versatile and capable integrated pilot training system to a broad range of interested prospects throughout the Asia Pacific region.

The T-6C departed HBDC’s Wichita, Kan., headquarters and followed a route that circled the globe, including stops in Canada, Greenland, Iceland, England, Italy, Greece, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, India, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Philippines, Japan and Russia before returning to Wichita the first week of May. HBDC’s aerobatic demonstration team performed single-ship, low-altitude aerobatics in the standard equipped T-6C in the Royal New Zealand Air Force’s (RNZAF) 75th Anniversary Air Show at RNZAF Base Ohakea at the end of March and in early April participated in the WarbirdsOver Wanaka Air Show on the South Island.

“This tour allowed a wide cross-section of individuals and organizations to experience the T-6C’s capabilities,” said Russ Bartlett, HBDC vice president, Business Development. “Without exception, all commented on the ease of flying the T-6C – evidence of the aircraft’s excellent attributes for pilot training, as well as its inherent complexity in systems and maneuverability that can extend the training environment to teach and test pilots in the advanced phase of pilot training.”
Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.
- Apr 7, 1989 [Baroness Margaret Thatcher, UK PM (1979-90)]