Author Topic: PN Desired Force Mix  (Read 98195 times)

gum3rdm

Re: PN Desired Force Mix
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »
i think the 6 frigates are 2 maestrale class and 4 hamilton class

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been mention here before.. pls merge or transfer if necessary. I was reading a local newspaper here in Cebu and this was in it.
This is good news indeed for our local shipbuilders.  :bravo:

Details about the MPACs that were built locally this time . . . unlike the Mk.1s

http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=25022.0

That's why the effort to identify the ships in the poster, while commendable, is actually unnecessary. Philippine shipbuilders have the opportunity to bulid them all if current SRDP proponents have their way.
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

dry ice

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
And note there still plans to acquire more Hamilton class in the near future. 2 MRVs. a total of 40 MPAC. Now I'm thinking can the PN split the fleet so that forces will not concentrated in one area. Maybe we could send some in Visayas and Mindanao as PNoy once mentioned

If my observation is correct, most of the assets are divisible by 3. So I am thinking that this will be deployed to 3 major islands Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

6 frigates 2 each major island
3 Subs 3 each major island
18 LCUs 6 each major island
12 Corvettes 4 each major island
3 LSS 1 each major island
3 Minesweepers 1 each major island
3 Ocean Tugs 1 each major island
18 naval Helos 6 each major island
18 OPVs 6 each major island
42 MPACs 14 each major island
6 Fire/Yard Tugs 2 each major island

Again, its just me and I might be wrong.

And most likely the LCU will be from the Philippines. Gunboats we have so many patrol gunboats still new around 1990s and locally made. About the corvette we have some but not capable of anti-sub warfare

If the PN is eyeing the likes of the Fearless class, as posted in the pictures, I think PN wants a gunboat that are equipped with Torpedoes, SAM's ans SSM's. So I doubt it will be locally made. Of course it will be good if it will be built here, but I doubt we have the technology to manufacture those wepons. But is it possible to have the hull locally built and just install imported navigation and weapons equipment?

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/fearless/

I'm not sure if this has been mention here before.. pls merge or transfer if necessary. I was reading a local newspaper here in Cebu and this was in it.
This is good news indeed for our local shipbuilders.  :bravo:

I didnt know we already have 14 commissioned MPACS (|8|
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:52:18 PM by dry ice »

jiechelle

• So...you think that you know me.... think again
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
If my observation is correct, most of the assets are divisible by 3. So I am thinking that this will be deployed to 3 major islands Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

It might be or the PN just following its "3 vessel rule" (the term eludes me), 1 vessel on maintenance, 1 vessel on standby or training and 1 vessel will be at the sea or in patrol.

If the PN is eyeing the likes of the Fearless class, as posted in the pictures, I think PN wants a gunboat that are equipped with Torpedoes, SAM's ans SSM's. So I doubt it will be locally made. Of course it will be good if it will be built here, but I doubt we have the technology to manufacture those wepons. But is it possible to have the hull locally built and just install imported navigation and weapons equipment?

Actually thats correct sir we can build ships here and could install imported Sensors and weapons equipment provided that this system are incorporated in designed with the locally build ships.

I may speak softly, but i carry a BIG STICK!!!!!!

phichanad

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
@dry ice,

It might be a typo error by the news, so far the commissioned MPAC's are 4 units (3 Mk.1, 1 Mk.2)....and 2 more coming this August (phots of those @  Subic in the other thread).

@49er, spiker,

Although the Maestrale class and the GdP class are considered frigates, I dont think they were included in the said desired force mix as "frigates". Until when does the navy intend the GdP class and Maestrale class to operate? My understanding is that the PN considers both classes as frigates, but are not included in the list because the air warfare frigates might replace them at the end part of the project once both ship classes reach maturity as commissioned ships. Both ship classes will operate for at least 15 years...by that timd PF-15 & PF-16 are almost 60yrs old...while the Maestrales are around 45 yrs old...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:58:33 PM by phichanad »

dry ice

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2012, 08:01:57 PM »
It might be or the PN just following its "3 vessel rule" (the term eludes me), 1 vessel on maintenance, 1 vessel on standby or training and 1 vessel will be at the sea or in patrol.

Actually thats correct sir we can build ships here and could install imported Sensors and weapons equipment provided that this system are incorporated in designed with the locally build ships.

Correct, the term is eluding. And thank you for your inputs.

@dry ice,

It might be a typo error by the news, so far the commissioned MPAC's are 4 units (3 Mk.1, 1 Mk.2)....and 2 more coming this August (phots of those @  Subic in the other thread).

I know sir that there are only 4 commissioned MPACS as of now and 2 more to come. Sorry sir but cant help it, misleading po kasi lalo na pag wala kang masyadong knowledge about AFP equipment. General public is reading these newspapers, for me whether its typo error or not (sa kahit anong aspeto ng balita) is unacceptable as long as its misleading. they should have the responsibility to tell the facts.

BTT po  :beer:

Jester8

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2012, 08:30:06 PM »
I know that Japan is one of the major companies operating here as venue of their bulk shipbuilding company.
If Japan can allow us to study some of their products being used by the JSDF, so that we can develop our own hull designs if ever.

Ngayon ko lang nalaman na they have a bit of everything in their arsenal based on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTu9g54WMA&feature=related

Feel free to remove admin if OT.

PHALANX

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2012, 08:50:13 PM »

6 frigates 2 each major island
3 Subs 3 each major island
18 LCUs 6 each major island
12 Corvettes 4 each major island
3 LSS 1 each major island
3 Minesweepers 1 each major island
3 Ocean Tugs 1 each major island
18 naval Helos 6 each major island
18 OPVs 6 each major island
42 MPACs 14 each major island
6 Fire/Yard Tugs 2 each major island

Again, its just me and I might be wrong.

ld
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/fearless/

I didnt know we already have 14 commissioned MPACS (|8|

these is a wishful thinking, but i think not cost effective.
the subs for example would need a submarine base and it would be impractical to build 1 in the 3 major areas as for the mpacs, they are built for interdiction against terrorism and piracy so their deployment maybe concentrated in the south. i am just wondering after this force mix is achieved how are the assets going to be based, would the pn establish squadrons with their own bases?
history will not judge you by your actions, but by the outcome of those actions.

40niner_com

• Obsolete weapons do not deter.
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »

WoW!  :eyes:

Really @Dry_Ice.  You have to realize that PN actually has a concept of operations for each of those vessel classification.  I think you still remember that it's been posted in this forum on how PN intend to reorganize itself or how it is currently organized.  Just to refresh -- PN is divided into (district) naval forces plus a (fleet-wide) fleet-marine ready force.  Fleet units are also organized into line or support units.  Check out their website www.navy.mil.ph or their f/b pages.

Also previously expoused, the divisibility is nailed here...

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:17:18 PM by 40niner_com »
Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.
- Apr 7, 1989 [Baroness Margaret Thatcher, UK PM (1979-90)]

40niner_com

• Obsolete weapons do not deter.
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2012, 10:29:43 PM »
@49er, spiker,

Although the Maestrale class and the GdP class are considered frigates, I dont think they were included in the said desired force mix as "frigates". Until when does the navy intend the GdP class and Maestrale class to operate? My understanding is that the PN considers both classes as frigates, but are not included in the list because the air warfare frigates might replace them at the end part of the project once both ship classes reach maturity as commissioned ships. Both ship classes will operate for at least 15 years...by that timd PF-15 & PF-16 are almost 60yrs old...while the Maestrales are around 45 yrs old...

@P, As I posted earlier -- I see this Plan as a future roadmap for PN to follow (and lobby for) and not in verbatim.  At the very least, they have identified their needed mission and how many units are supposed to fulfill them.  I 'no longer' believe on the strict paper classification or size of warships, but on their actual capability, mission profile and loadout.

Again -- we do agree that the current del Pilars would actually fall into the OPV category.  Further, I contend that the incoming-Maestrales are more inclined for ASW and GP tasks.   As to their age :)... I'm not sure how far can the del Pilars shoulder on without major hull-SLEP.  However, Maestrale's are actually to be SLEP, so it will actually be younger than the Italian ones which will probably also shoulder on to possible until 2025.   But -- then again it remains how hard does PN intend to use/run them.  Remember also -- as it is, their fit is approaching obsolescence...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:47:23 PM by 40niner_com »
Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.
- Apr 7, 1989 [Baroness Margaret Thatcher, UK PM (1979-90)]

iceman02

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
Correction @ Dry ice,Re:" MPAC's In Subic" it was not 2 which was originally declare by our DND people, but fortunately we found out recently in Subic it was 3 MPAC's.for me look's like this is a on-going acquisition of our navy...in lieu of PN Desired Force!!!

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2012, 11:43:16 PM »
Correction @ Dry ice,Re:" MPAC's In Subic" it was not 2 which was originally declare by our DND people, but fortunately we found out recently in Subic it was 3 MPAC's.for me look's like this is a on-going acquisition of our navy...in lieu of PN Desired Force!!!

Their target is 42 right. According to the news 1 was delivered in May this year, another 2 will be delivered which makes it 6 and more works is under way with the coming boats equipped with different weapons.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=833064&publicationSubCategoryId=63

http://www.navy.mil.ph/news.php?news_id=514
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:49:44 PM by Hitman »

iceman02

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2012, 12:02:36 AM »
Their target is 42 right. According to the news 1 was delivered in May this year, another 2 will be delivered which makes it 6 and more works is under way with the coming boats equipped with different weapons.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=833064&publicationSubCategoryId=63

http://www.navy.mil.ph/news.php?news_id=514

I'm aware about  the 1 unit was deliver over the Anniv.of NAVY...and how would you explain that their are 3 unit's in SUBIC supposed to be it's only 2 MPAC's for delivery? if this is Correct were down to 7 MPAC's
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:11:41 AM by iceman02 »

WApinoy

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
if the PN will stick to the rule of three vessel, hope that the DND will considered a 3rd maestrale warship within the 5year modernization program or get the remaining 2 maestrale class that on sale from italy... with the hamilton's at least 6 of them in our PN inventory in near future.. i think our navy can cover most of the area that we have in WPS...

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2012, 06:54:12 AM »

I'm aware about  the 1 unit was deliver over the Anniv.of NAVY...and how would you explain that their are 3 unit's in SUBIC supposed to be it's only 2 MPAC's for delivery? if this is Correct were down to 7 MPAC's

If you will read the whole article in the PN's official website it says one was received during the anniversary. 2 will be delivered soon.

This is the fourth MPAC in the Navys inventory and soon an additional two (2) will arrive. It is proudly Filipino made.
From this url http://www.navy.mil.ph/news.php?news_id=514

Adding the 2 coming equals 6. its from PN so surely its accurate.