Author Topic: Earthquake just now in Cebu  (Read 1536 times)

zaidanR

• Numquam pugnare aequis
Earthquake just now in Cebu
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:58:21 AM »
To my fellow timawans from cebu did anyone felt that earthquake just now.. As per radio report its around 8:48 just now.

Latest update: intensity 5 on the richter scale here in Cebu, location: 84 miles east of Sulangan Samar
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:11:00 AM by zaidanR »

lagim_29

Magnitude 7.9 strikes off PHL
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:21:09 AM »
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/272070/news/nation/magnitude-7-9-strikes-off-phl-mdash-us-geological-survey

An earthquake of magnitude 7.9 hit 139km east of Sulangan, Samar, 8:45 p.m. Philippine Time, according to the US Geological Survey (USGS).

The USGS summary placed the epicenter of the earthquake in the sea just off the coast of Samar.

Meanwhile, the US' National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) issued a tsunami warning for Indonesia and the Philippines immediately after the earthquake. — with Reuters/TJ Dimacali/VS, GMA News
don't run, you'll only die tired
"all landings are just controlled crashes"
"law ENFORCER, not ABUSER"
"you broke your foot jumping? no, landing"
"the best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger, it is self-lubricating, it takes any size piston and it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so F**cking temperamental"

cebuboy

• low speed high drag chairborne operator
Re: Earthquake just now in Cebu
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:57:02 AM »
Felt it here in Cagayan de Oro, not that strong but it lasted for more than a minute if I'm not mistaken.
“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being.” - Bishnu Shrestha

zaidanR

• Numquam pugnare aequis
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:02:03 AM »
Felt it here in Cagayan de Oro, not that strong but it lasted for more than a minute if I'm not mistaken.

Hope everyone is ok, seems internet connection and mobile services got affected. Took me awhile to send a text awhile ago.
I just learn that they already issued a tsunami warning for all coastal towns in Samar, Leyte and Surigao.

Fern374702

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 07:04:24 AM »
Search and rescue Uniform.... nasad ni ugma..

lagim_29

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 07:13:45 AM »
PHIVOLCS: Coastal areas fronting the Pacific Ocean of the following provinces should evacuate immediately:

Northern Samar
Eastern Samar
Leyte
Southern Leyte
Surigao del Norte
Surigao del Sur
"the best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger, it is self-lubricating, it takes any size piston and it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so F**cking temperamental"

fzaq@TMW

• we are gripen pilots...WE FLY! joke :p
    • internetduty
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 07:22:46 AM »
is there imminent tsunami? Hope it wont happen
ang mahalaga ay importante!

we don't have prostitution in olongapo, we only have entertainment with sex- some Dick

alexpz@TMW

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 07:31:58 AM »

lagim_29

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »
BREAKING (UPDATED 11:26PM): Pacific Tsunami Warning Center reports tsunami warnings LIFTED for Philippines, Indonesia, Belau/Palau as of 10:54 PM.

However, even though PTWC lifted its warning, evacuation alerts are still operational at this time. Citizens advised to stay alert for advice from NDRRMC.

PTWC says that only national and local governments are authorised to make decisions regarding official state of alert in their areas.

batang villamor

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 09:13:26 AM »
To my fellow timawans from cebu did anyone felt that earthquake just now.. As per radio report its around 8:48 just now.

Latest update: intensity 5 on the richter scale here in Cebu, location: 84 miles east of Sulangan Samar

felt in taguig as well, it lasted for a minute. And were at the 22nd floor. Hope theres no major damage in cebu.

Wenden

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »
 :) well this is one of the dilemma if the air bases concentrated in luzon, there are no immediate response to affected areas, or for an immediate monitoring of the seas for a threat of tsunami....anyways the earthquake reaches up to iloilo with a strength of 4 to 5......hoping there are no further damage in the property......