Author Topic: Firing range in Metro Manila  (Read 17995 times)

baybum7

Firing range in Metro Manila
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:03:49 AM »
I just came from a firing range in Makati Cinema Square and thought of an idea of creating a thread about the different firing range here in Metro Manila.

Any inputs are welcome, you can base it from the points below:
1. Name of shooting range and location
2. Indoor/Outdoor
3. Types of guns for rental (include the calibre)
4. Cost (a breakdown of the cost would be great, as some people bring their own guns)
5. Range rules (if any)
6. How big is the range (max yards for pistol/rifle)
7. Number of shooting lanes
8. Good points
9. Bad points

MAKATI

Jethro Shooting Range - Makati Cinema Square / Plaza Fair
- Just along Pasong Tamo, near Walter Mart
- Indoor with 5-7 shooting lanes, max range is about 10-15m
- 1,080 Pesos (non-members)
   includes pistol rental (9mm or .45)
   50 rounds
   2 Target Papers
   Noise Cancelling Headphones included
   Instructor guidance included
- They offer pistol rental. You can bring your own shotgun for practice.
Google Map (Directions)
http://www.jethrodionisio.com/range_rates.htm

ARMSCOR Shooting Range, Inc. - Makati Cinema Square / Plaza Fair
- Just along Pasong Tamo, near Walter Mart
- For non members, Php1000 inclusive of the following:
   50 bullets of reloads (Php12 each) = Php600
   Range fee = Php200 per head
   Gun Rental = Php200 per firearm
   Target paper = Php11 each
- First time membership fee is P2,500 and renewal is P2,000
Source
Google Map (Directions)
http://www.armscorshootingranges.com/ranges/

PASAY

Manila Target Shooting Range - H.K. Sun Plaza

Google Map (Directions)

QUEZON CITY

P. B. DIONISIO & CO., Inc.
- No. 90 West Riverside St., San Francisco Del Monte
- 12m and a 15m range that are equipped with automated target retrieval systems, and a 25m range
- Fees (non-members):
   Range fee = 300.00
   Target board = 12.00 each
   Bullets = 500.00 for the first 50 rounds, additional 250.00 for additional 50 rounds
- Membership fee is P2,500.00 a year
Source
Google Map (Directions)

Stronghand Inc.  - La Défense / Quezon City
- 1660 E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Quezon City
- 12m and a 15m range that are equipped with automated target retrieval systems, and a 25m range
- Fees (non-members):
   Range fee = 500.00
   Firearm Rent = 500.00
   Bullets = 9mm or 38spcl is P10.00ea while 40SW or 45 ACP is P10.00ea (other calibers available)
- Membership fee is P2,500.00 on the first year while renewals are 2,000 per year
Source
Google Map (Directions)
http://www.stronghandinc.com/

Commander Shooting Range
- #6 12th Avenue, Murphy Cubao, Quezon City
- Various kinds of firearms available for use: 38, 40, 45 caliber pistol semi- automatic, 12 gauge shotgun, armalite
- Membership fee is P2,700.00 a year
Source
Google Map (Directions)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:36:36 PM by baybum7 »
Democracy: Everybody is speaking at the same time. Sounds more like a market place to me!
Communism: Everybody is equal. But some are more equal than others.

saver111

• MBAC 21
Re: Firing range in Metro Manila
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 05:35:37 AM »
There were some threads started already like this, maybe a compilation?

http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=23731.msg232124#msg232124
"In the interest of National Defense..."

"Ask not what your country can do for you... but ask what you can do for your country!"

HELP END PIRACY NOW!
SIGN PETITION HERE:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm

baybum7

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 05:46:37 AM »
Yeah, I did read through that but it was more of a discussion about the different shooting ranges outside Manila. What I was thinking of when I started this thread is more of the listing type of discussion. Additional details like costs, membership fees, their attitude towards customers, their staff, the feel of the place (indoor/outdoor) and maybe a small story (if you would like) of your experience :D

I want to simply remove the inconvenience of finding a suitable firing range (specially for beginners), comparing it with my experience. Somebody has to start somewhere, and finding a shooting range of your choice is the first step :D
Democracy: Everybody is speaking at the same time. Sounds more like a market place to me!

kertsayson@TMW

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 07:57:48 AM »
sirs can anyone tell me where I can fire and rent rifles such M16 M14 in metro manila thanks :2rifles:

baybum7

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »
sirs can anyone tell me where I can fire and rent rifles such M16 M14 in metro manila thanks :2rifles:

I doubt that any gun rentals allow this for high powered rifles (for legal and financial reasons). The closest you can get probably are .22 rifles or shotguns. It wont hurt to make a few phone calls and inquire though. Maybe you can let us know after that :lol:

gemini1

• MBAC 21
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:49:21 AM »
OP You wanted a thread that details shooting ranges in the city but you failed to mention it yourself when you visited one.

1. Name of shooting range/Location?
2. Indoor/Outdoor?
3. Pistol only, Rifle/Shotguns or both?   
4. Cost per hour? or per day?
5. Range rules?
6. How big is the range (max yards for pistol/rifle)?
7. Number of shooting lanes?
etc etc

In my neck of the woods, the closest we have is an indooor range, Jackson Arms is close to the airport. Has an 11 pistol (small caliber firearms) and 3 rifle (high caliber) lanes. Lane is $14/hour plus whatever you'll need (silhouette, ammos or gun rental). Solo shooters, unless he/she comes in with his own gun, or is accompanied by another person, cannot rent range guns. Newbies must be accompanied by experienced shooter and must display basic knowledge/info in manipulating the pistol to be used. Lanes max range 25 yards. Range is monitored by cctv and ROs will call your attention if they see any behavior/s not conforming with range rules.   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:07:38 AM by gemini1 »

baybum7

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »
OP You wanted a thread that details shooting ranges in the city but you failed to mention it yourself when you visited one.

1. Name of shooting range/Location?
2. Indoor/Outdoor?
3. Pistol only, Rifle/Shotguns or both?   
4. Cost per hour? or per day?
5. Range rules?
6. How big is the range (max yards for pistol/rifle)?
7. Number of shooting lanes?
etc etc

You do have a point, but I did mention most of the information that I could get. It's just that I was quite shy to ask so many questions as it was my first time in the place and am a newbie. But for organizational reasons, here goes:

1. Jethro Shooting Range - Makati Cinema Square (Basement, just near the ARMSCOR Firing Range)
2. Indoor
3. I was only able to ask for Pistol rentals (9mm and 45 cal). I did hear someone using a shotgun but the clerk mentioned that it was the owners' shotgun. I wasn't able to ask if they offer rentals for rifles or shotguns.
4. As for the cost, I wasn't able to get a breakdown but here's what was included on the package:
1,080 Peses (non-member)
- includes pistol rental (9mm or .45)
- 50 rounds
- 2 Target Papers
- Noise Cancelling Headphones included
- Instructor guidance included
* Not able to ask if bringing a guest along is an additional fee
5. Normal gun rules (like no pointing). They aren't that strict. They teach you the basics and they guide you along if you look like a noob (which I am).
6. Not sure, but probably around 15m or more approx
7. 5-7 shooting lanes
8. Customer Service Experience: They were accommodating and they didn't really care much that you were a noob. It even looks like there were a lot of regulars coming by.
9. Negatives: The range is quite small and getting a slot on a weekend may be difficult.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:28:58 AM by baybum7 »

kamandag

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »
I live in the QC area, I usually go to Tough Guys in Cubao and Armscor Marikina. I used to frequent Armscor MCS during summer times and I volunteered to drive my mom to and from her appointments in Makati.

Tough Guys' entrance for non members is 200php and 10php ea. for lead reloads. Not sure about firearm rentals.

Armscor Marikina, 200php entrance for non members. No house reloads available. You have to bring your own shells, buy factory ammo or buy shells and have them reloaded there. Firearm rentals, 200php. They have Armscor pistols, revolvers shotguns and .22 rifles for rent.

Armscor MCS 200php entrance for non members, 14php per FMJ reload, non member price. Armscor pistols, revolvers, shotguns and .22 rifles for rent, 200php.

saver111

• MBAC 21
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 10:02:20 PM »
Since your objective is to have a list or directory of shooting ranges, why not constantly update your first post with a list given by posters. Maybe classify it as to Pistol, Rifles, Shotguns, etc. so members could easily look at it without going all over the thread.
"In the interest of National Defense..."

"Ask not what your country can do for you... but ask what you can do for your country!"

HELP END PIRACY NOW!
SIGN PETITION HERE:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm

baybum7

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 04:00:07 AM »
Since your objective is to have a list or directory of shooting ranges, why not constantly update your first post with a list given by posters. Maybe classify it as to Pistol, Rifles, Shotguns, etc. so members could easily look at it without going all over the thread.

I'll do that :) probably tomorrow, after work. hehe,

CatsMeow@TMW

• Professional Skeptic
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 12:45:25 AM »
No firing range in MM can even compare with my old one, Kamagong in Cebu City. Here we're among strangers, just go in, sign up, bang-bang-bang then leave... In Cebu, first time I came nosing there out of curiosity, the guys really made me feel at home.

Anyway for your purposes, I'm a member of Armscor and I do my shooting at MCS, for a member 50rds of .45 reloads will be less than P500. I also used to be a member of MDSA in Binondo, right next to that World Trade Center building, plenty of rental guns to choose from including a Thompson, Uzi and M16; thing is if you're firing 5.56 it will set you back P30/rd. However, it's a popular go-to place for Japanese tourists. If you wish to fire that Desert Eagle .44 Magnum, no reloads so you have to buy each factory round at P90/rd...  :lol:
MY GARDEN IS SMALLER THAN YOUR ROME, BUT MY PILUM IS HARDER THAN YOUR STERNUM

turonmaruya

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 07:54:14 AM »
Thanks for putting up this thread.

Me and my bros just got ourselves recently to guns and his is just a few days old. We are looking for a shooting range around QC to fire his new toy.

Thanks again, another look-for thread i'll be lurking on.

Anyway, any recommended firing ranges in QC?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:43:19 AM by turonmaruya »
Stop the wave of stupidity!

miggye

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
Thanks for putting up this thread.

Me and my bros just got ourselves recently to guns and his is just a few days old. We are looking for a shooting range around QC to fire his new toy.

Thanks again, another look-for thread i'll be lurking on.

Anyway, any recommended firing ranges in QC?

where, exactly are you in QC? there's plenty of ranges, from Crame and Aguinaldo to PB Dionisio's and Jethro's near San Francisco del Monte.
Dulce et decorum est, Pro patria mori
De Profundis ad Astra

baybum7

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
Added the one for PB Dionisio :) although my only source was their websites, I would like to reiterate that all of their websites are annoyingly inaccurate.

For requests also, kindly include your location.

mamiyapis

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »
A good range for beginners in QC would be Stronghand along E. Rodriguez. It is just a few kms drive from Tomas Morato and they probably have the most modern and only toxic-free range in the country.