Author Topic: SAM 9mm Guardian  (Read 6354 times)

girder

Re: SAM 9mm Guardian
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:28 PM »
I see. Thank you, sir. :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:04:16 PM by girder »

prairiefire

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »
You are welcome, sir!

CatsMeow@TMW

• Professional Skeptic
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 06:31:16 PM »
I'd like to see Shooters bring some demo units to my old club as Armscor did with the .22 TCM, but it will have to be after the gun ban. I haven't laid eyes on an actual unit yet. Better yet, subject it to the same test protocol for the PNP pistol.
MY GARDEN IS SMALLER THAN YOUR ROME, BUT MY PILUM IS HARDER THAN YOUR STERNUM

miggye

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 08:44:07 PM »
my cousin and i finally got to shoot the Guardian over 2 days ago at a nearby range. our impression was so far favorable. it has decent accuracy at 10 yards considering its 3 and 3/4 barrel. its slimmer than what we are used to (both of us have hi-cap 9s and standard 45s), but otherwise our only complaint was that it needs better finishing. a total of 350 rounds, and no problems. not bad for a 16K pistol :thumbsup:
Dulce et decorum est, Pro patria mori
De Profundis ad Astra

mamiyapis

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 02:41:03 AM »
It looks like a cheaper alternative for people looking for a lightweight pistol for basic home defense. As long as it's notfo carry or any serioua social encounters. Finish is something easily solved by a competent gunsmith or a can of Alumahyde at home.

Private_Pen

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »
Wow, this is nice that we got a Philippine polymer pistol. I checked their website and true enough as @Miggye had pointed out, the finish ain't that good. They should improve the visual presentation and feel if they wanted to gain attraction and quality confidence from the consumers as a new comer. Hopefully they would introduce a stainless matte-finish slide on black polymer - now that would look good  (|;)
On having a firearm:
"I'd rather have one and not need it than to need it and not have it." - AVP

baybum7

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 06:08:43 PM »
Picture of a SAM 9MM (foun on Erodoeht Nautucim FB),

according to him, he bought it for 19.5k

Democracy: Everybody is speaking at the same time. Sounds more like a market place to me!
Communism: Everybody is equal. But some are more equal than others.

miggye

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 06:54:00 AM »
@ Private_Pen- Armscor has had a polymer pistol in their line up since the early 2000s, the APP9. this is basically a Tanfoglio built in their brand, and its pretty good. i've had mine for over 7 years now and no complaints and zero problems.

afraid i have to sell it though as we need the money......

but again, Armscor has their own polymer, just in hi-cap format....
Dulce et decorum est, Pro patria mori
De Profundis ad Astra

bugsbunny

• "Eh, what's up, doc?"
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 05:56:40 AM »
true,  Armscor had the Tanfoglio series of polymer-framed pistol for years & a good one too but the Tanfoglio is/was designed & made (whole kits) in Italy, and is only-licensed assembled by Armscor in their Marikina plant....here's one of the review by one of its Pakistani owner......http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?5284-Armscor-MAPP1-VIPER-(-Tanfoglio-Force-99-Carry-)-Review.....on the other hand the SAM 9mm Guardian is 100% Pinoy designed and build in their own plant in Cebu...so this is the 1st truly Pinoy-polymer handgun :beer: ....hope they'll improve the Guardian thru customer feedbacks and experience....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:08:41 PM by bugsbunny »
Bugs Bunny: So this is Area 51?
Mother: No.
Bugs Bunny: The secret government base?
Bugs Bunny: Where they keep all the aliens?
Mother: No. Area 51 is a paranoid fantasy we concocted to hide the true nature of this facility.
DJ Drake: Which is?
Mother: Area 52.

bugsbunny

• "Eh, what's up, doc?"
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 06:59:20 AM »
Picture of a SAM 9MM (foun on Erodoeht Nautucim FB),

according to him, he bought it for 19.5k

yep, it's 12.5k for the unit itself + 7k for the licenses (with a waiting period of 2-3 months) as posted by him in the back-up PDF SRDP FB page...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151868717217524&set=o.254138761322411&type=1&theater...not bad...not bad at all   8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:10:08 PM by bugsbunny »
Bugs Bunny: So this is Area 51?
Bugs Bunny: The secret government base?
Bugs Bunny: Where they keep all the aliens?
Mother: No. Area 51 is a paranoid fantasy we concocted to hide the true nature of this facility.
DJ Drake: Which is?
Mother: Area 52.

CatsMeow@TMW

• Professional Skeptic
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »
Forgot to ask Armscor MCS if they have a demo unit I can play with. That would be something.

I have to content myself with their rental guns, at least the one I fired last Thursday, a "well-loved" single-stack GI model, worked fine, despite the teeny-weeny sights and refusal to lock back after the last round.
MY GARDEN IS SMALLER THAN YOUR ROME, BUT MY PILUM IS HARDER THAN YOUR STERNUM