Author Topic: Halalan 2013 results  (Read 9079 times)

atty_rcb

• PRIMUS INTER PARES
    • Hooded Angel
Re: Halalan 2013 results
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »
Well, it shows that we are not yet POLITICALLY MATURE to elect a LEADER.. Short -sighted pa rin ang karamihan sa atin...

So nga-nga tyo sa mga susunod na taon...

My gosh, nanalo pa si Trillanes, who is responsible for us losing Panatag Shoal...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:08:59 PM by atty_rcb »
Impossible is found in the dictionary of fools

The competitor to be feared the most is the one who never worries about others at all and goes on making himself better all the time --Henry Ford

In critical moments even the very powerful have need of the weakest. ---Aesop ~Zeuxis

They attack the one man with their hate and their shower of weapons. But he is like some rock which stretches into the vast sea and which, exposed to the fury of the winds and beaten against by the waves, endures all the violence -- VIRGIL

“It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong.”   Jeremy Bentham

israeli

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 08:19:55 PM »
the results of this year's midterm elections just galvanized my stand that we must make the switch towards the federal parliamentary system. as long as the power to directly elect the leaders of the land lies at the hands of the elite and of the masses, the Philippines will remain as the laughing stock of this side the world. the Filipino people are not yet politically mature to understand democracy and responsibility, thus they have no right to directly elect the leaders of the land and where the federal parliamentary system will work well.
"I'm very determined. If I decide what something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul to it. The whole ground can be against me, but if I know it is right, I'll do it. That's the business of a leader." - Lee Kuan Yew

Hussar

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 08:23:17 PM »
As for Erap's looming victory in Manila, it was a case of being in the right place at the right time.

He switched residence to a city where the demographics arein his favor. A large proportion of Manila's massive population come from classes C, D and E - sectors where he has proven to be very effective in selling to. He still has grass roots networks in place that are more than effective.

Mr Estrada may have been a Mayor for 17 years. However, Manila is no San Juan. It is a city with a big and very dense population.

Best of luck to him.

It's quite ambitious of Erap to claim he would get things in order in Manila in 3 years.  He said this morning "Napagiwanan na ang Maynila ng Quezon City, Makati, etc. etc."  Can he get the Manila economy on the right track?  Can he run the city government without scandal?

Wait and see mode...

Filipinos want beauty. I have to look beautiful so that the poor Filipinos will have a star to look at from their slums. - Imelda Marcos

Throwing out the tyrant was the easy part.  Fixing the mess he left behind was going to take time. - Benjamin Pimentel

trebor1701

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2013, 08:47:49 PM »
according to the PPRCV website, the Panatag shoal precinct had already transmitted its results with a high voter turnout.   :lol:

http://server2.ppcrv.org/global/?page_id=1207
]http://server2.ppcrv.org/global/?page_id=1209]

israeli

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »
It's quite ambitious of Erap to claim he would get things in order in Manila in 3 years.  He said this morning "Napagiwanan na ang Maynila ng Quezon City, Makati, etc. etc."  Can he get the Manila economy on the right track?  Can he run the city government without scandal?

Wait and see mode...

the difference between Mayor Erap of San Juan and future Mayor Erap of Manila: during his time as Mayor of San Juan, he had Dr. Raul de Guzman, a relative of his who was a very intelligent public administration expert, to help him plan and execute thing. now, he won't have a Dr. Raul de Guzman, who died in 2010.
"I'm very determined. If I decide what something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul to it. The whole ground can be against me, but if I know it is right, I'll do it. That's the business of a leader." - Lee Kuan Yew

ginoginoako

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »

And I, a Bicolano, is still a member of the underrepresented sector!

look on the bright side ms. masq at least it's not bayan muna and the other COPAL's that our felliw Bicolanos are voting for. Not to mention the fact that their NPA allies still cause problem in some parts of your beloved provine of Albay and our province of Cam. Sur.

And at least I get the benefit of one of AKB's project whenever I'm home in Bicol. :)

Also don't fret so much about the candidates in Albay,  the choices in Cam. Sur is far worse. The only possible ray of hope is Leni Robredo,  but it still remains to be seen what she can do. His husband after all was actually detrimental to the growth of inter-town trade in Cam. Sur

israeli

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
Also don't fret so much about the candidates in Albay,  the choices in Cam. Sur is far worse. The only possible ray of hope is Leni Robredo,  but it still remains to be seen what she can do. His husband after all was actually detrimental to the growth of inter-town trade in Cam. Sur

speaking of Cam Sur, i heard that Migs Villafuerte has defeated his lolo, Luis Villafuerte, Sr., in the gubernatorial race. Migs' dad, L-Ray, is said to have been defeated by Dato Arroyo.

by the way, Aga Muhlach defeated Wimpy Fuentebella in one of the congressional races there.

samurai brigade

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 09:12:38 PM »
 :jeez:

And the ignorant majority wins again. When will they ever learn.. Politics nowadays is a joke. Damn sick joke.  :thumbsdown:
Cool Hand: The command is eject, eject, eject. Of course if you didn't hear me say anything and you saw me eject, you better do the same.
Mad Jack: And if I say "huh?" I'd be talking to myself.
Cool Hand: If you said anything after that, you would be alone on your first, and probably last solo flight on an Intruder. 
-------------------------------------------------------
Kuribayashi: The cave digging may be futile. The stand on Iwo may be futile. The whole war may be futile. But would you give up then? If our children can live safely for one more day, it'll be worth one more day that we defend this island!
-----------------------------------------------------
Moore: D@mmit! It's Little Big Horn all over again!
Plumley: No sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't.
----------------------------------------------------
Freeman: Which would you rather be, alive and court-martialed? Or politically correct but dead? By the time those fairies in the government come to a decision, we could be trapped Norton! We can't afford to wait.

ginoginoako

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 09:16:14 PM »
speaking of Cam Sur, i heard that Migs Villafuerte has defeated his lolo, Luis Villafuerte, Sr., in the gubernatorial race. Migs' dad, L-Ray, is said to have been defeated by Dato Arroyo.

by the way, Aga Muhlach defeated Wimpy Fuentebella in one of the congressional races there.

And Leni Robredo defeated Mrs. Villafuerte.

You can see how worse our situation is. The son of the former President who got a new congressional district created for his own. The Villafuerte clan who goes against each other. The Fuentebella's who have been in power since early 1900's yet their district remains the poorest,  it's no wonder Aga Mulach is winning there.

israeli

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »
And Leni Robredo defeated Mrs. Villafuerte.

You can see how worse our situation is. The son of the former President who got a new congressional district created for his own. The Villafuerte clan who goes against each other. The Fuentebella's who have been in power since early 1900's yet their district remains the poorest,  it's no wonder Aga Mulach is winning there.

i think the Alfelors are also in trouble of losing their grip on power on their side of the province. :shock:

well anyway, in Laguna, where i came from, E.R. Ejercito is well on his way towards a second term in office after defeating Rep. Egay San Luis in the gubernatorial race. the third district, which is Laguna's poorest and least developed area, has starlet Angelica Jones re-elected to another term as provincial board member while former ABS-CBN reporter Sol Aragones defeated incumbent Rep. Ivy Arago in the congressional race. re-electionist Rep. Dan Fernandez of the first district won easily.

in Laguna, showbiz reigns supreme. (|8|

in my other province, Batangas, the tandem of Gov. Vilma Santos and Vice Gov. Mark Leviste won easily against, yes, token opponents. Christopher de Leon lost badly in the congressional race in the second district.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:31:37 PM by israeli »

Eternal

• Undead Mercenary
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »
As long as the masses are not well-educated, the results of the future elections will always be the same.
Now... enjoy your Hell.

israeli

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
As long as the masses are not well-educated, the results of the future elections will always be the same.

the elite and the politicos want things the way they are now. that is the reason why they vehemently oppose the transition from the current system towards the federal parliamentary system. this country simply isn't mature for democracy and direct election of officials.

tiger19

• The Act Itself Wasn't Personal...HIS VENGEANCE WIL
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 10:23:46 PM »
Haisst...

This country has its chances to make a huge and significant change however, it still don't.

Poe - dummy of FPJ. For sure when she make the top 1, they will again reclaim that FPJ really won the 2004 elections. Good thing GMA won that given the 2007 global recession. Imagine if FPJ won that election. God really loves the Philippines.

Legarda - the political butterfly

Escudero - the poet and loverboy from a very poor province who has deluded them with the butanding fascination

Cayetano - talkative and sawsawero. rumors were circulating regarding his sexual references considering how beautiful his mayora was and yet had no child.

Binay - daughter of a VP who always uses Makati as his political flatform.

Angara - the carpenter (because of promises)

Aquino - dummy of PNoy. from this on forward prepare for many Aquino's in the Gov't post

Pimentel - the wounded senator. He just can't move on with even now. How can he win with no given flatform?

Trillanes - the impostor / false hero. a traitor will always be a traitor.

Villar - i thought filipinos had enough of Money Villar, but

Ejercito - dummy again of the convicted father & son. What happen to 2001 EDSA Revolt?

Honasan - maybe at his age he would change. Again, a politico-military hero. False guy of heroism and ideolism
" If the rule you followed brought you to this, what good is the rule? "

Tora^2

• In Altum Vola
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »
Key to shifting to a parliamentary government are stronger and political parties. Sadly, the only groups identified by columnists as real working political parties are on the far-Left the CPP (and its proxy party-lists and cause-oriented groups) and on the far-Right Ang Kapatiran and Conservative Party-lists like BUHAY.

These parties should then choose their candidates not thru behind-the-scenes vetting, marketting research and not-quite-reliable surveys but through primaries where delegates can choose their bets by majority vote.
Code of a Timawan

Sir,

A Timawan does not lie, does not spam, does not flame nor tolerate any of those who do so and a Timawan must cite his sources in his post,

Sir

“Secrecy, once accepted, becomes an addiction.” - Prof. Edward Teller

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

I support Heidi Mendoza

juanryanus@tmw

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »
its just weird na hindi na nagkapalitan ng pwesto pwesto ang top 12 natin. bakit ganoon? Hindi ba kada province/location meron ibat ibang senatorial favorites??