Author Topic: Explosion at Serendra  (Read 1663 times)

Shrike

Explosion at Serendra
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:23:54 AM »
Just happened about one hour ago, an explosion at one of the third floor condominiums at No. 2 Serendra Place (facing the Market Market parking lot) threw a substantial portion of an alcove across the road.  Unfortunately, this portion of the alcove hit a grey vehicle (I think it was an Innova), and flattened it.  No information as to casualties but a precautionary evacuation of the building was done by security personnel.  The Taguig bomb squad has been called in to do a sweep.  I have no pictures (it was too dark) but the explosion appears to have some directionality to it. Unless the occupants of the unfortunate Innova were the target (very creative use of explosives if that were the case), authorities should question the occupants of that condominium. 
Certainly, there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter

lagim_29

Re: Explosion at Serendra
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:32:29 AM »
watching gma news tv..3 confirmed dead...
don't run, you'll only die tired
"all landings are just controlled crashes"
"law ENFORCER, not ABUSER"
"you broke your foot jumping? no, landing"
"the best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger, it is self-lubricating, it takes any size piston and it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so F**cking temperamental"

Shorty_1972

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:33:29 AM »
Sewage gas again?
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods."

troll

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:33:30 AM »

MANILA, Philippines—An explosion hit a condominium in the upscale The Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City Friday night.
An INQUIRER.net reporter on the scene said a section on the fifth floor of Serendra appeared to have been damaged by the blast.
An ambulance was seen in the area.
Police said they were investigating the incident

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/418105/blast-heard-at-global-city#ixzz2UsQtnA6c
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:46:32 AM »
In you are too look it seems to be a case of sabotage on serendra or gas tank explosion, terrorist will not mind bombing condos wherein people reside permanently they are likely to target malls, trains and public places not private ones.

12th BCT

• Dulce bellum inexpertis...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 07:30:06 AM »
Perhaps, it was a bomb that was being prepped that may have blew up in the would be terrorist faces.
Ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora...

Bisaya

• It is in innovation that a country makes progress
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 08:03:05 AM »
Powerful explosion at Serendra condo kills 3 people, destroys vehicles
(Updated 9:15 p.m.) A powerful explosion hit a condominium building in the posh Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City Friday night, sending shoppers into panic and killing three people who were crushed by debris, police said.

According to a report from Nimfa Ravelo on DZBB, a large slab of concrete was blasted off the Serendra Two building and crashed on a passing delivery van that was carrying the three victims.

The blast, which sent bystanders in the posh shopping district into panic, occurred shortly past 8 p.m., Ravelo said in the report, quoting law enforcers in the area.

A private van was hit by the delivery van when it swerved following the accident, but no one was reported hurt in the vehicle, added Ravelo in a separate report on GMA News TV's "State of the Nation."

Initial information reaching the Southern Police District Station 6 at the BGC said the explosion was caused by an appliance in one of the condominium units.

A tweet from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), citing initial reports, said the explosion happened at Serendra 2 Unit 501.

Eyewitness photos posted on Twitter showed shattered glass and the heavy store sign of a wine shop across the building lying on the sidewalk. The walls of the affected condominium unit appeared to have been torn off from the impact of the blast.

Thick smoke was also seen coming out of the building shortly after the explosion.

Suzette Naval from Ayala Land, which owns Serendra Two, confirmed the explosion but said the company had yet to issue an official statement about what happened.
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/310940/news/metromanila/powerful-explosion-at-serendra-condo-kills-3-people-destroys-vehicles
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

israeli

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:24 AM »
Perhaps, it was a bomb that was being prepped that may have blew up in the would be terrorist faces.

it could have been easily assumed to be a product of a gas explosion... until the two main Yellow guys showed up at the area. (|8|
"I'm very determined. If I decide what something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul to it. The whole ground can be against me, but if I know it is right, I'll do it. That's the business of a leader." - Lee Kuan Yew

CrowValley

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »
whatever caused this explosion, they're gonna blame it to terrorist.. like the glorietta gas explosion... it will be bad for their business if the cause was some kind of malfunction in the bldg.
Look to your right ..... whatever you see first is your weapon for a Zombie apocalypse

aris_glock40

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »
I just hope its just a plain accident, its hard to jump on theories & as much as I dont want to, but but I hope tommorow they the authorities will just make an announcement in public that is indeed an accident like the glorrietta incident years back. 
I wish not in anyway intended by an aggressor stemming on the ongoing problem in our foreign relations nor Internal threats, or opportunist destablizers that loss in the elections. I pray hard  as we are not that well equiped to handle situations if crisis struck vital critical infrastructure in the Country, or are we?

according to initial report a transient tenant is supposed to occupy the unit from may 31 (which is today) to june 9, the unidentified lessee is a foreigner, but it isnt establish if what nationality.

cant help to ask but whats the update of the four foreigners caught the other day  upnorth with weapons & explosives that are bound for NCR that luckily were apprehended by Law enforcers just by the vigilance of the gas station staff that the said group had filled in. oops im on the wrong thread.   :smoke:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:44:43 AM by aris_glock40 »

ayoshi

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 10:39:53 AM »
President Benigno Aquino and Interior Secretary Mar Roxas arrived at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig, just hours after an explosion ripped through a residential condominium unit at Two Serendra Friday night. Three people were confirmed killed in the explosion, police say.
Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com

YouTube: PNoy, Roxas rush to Two Serendra site blast
* "Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men". - Gen. George Patton Jr.
* "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars". - William C. Westmoreland
* "The Filipino is definitely worth fighting for" - President Benigno Simeon Cojuangco Aquino III