Author Topic: REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10591 - COMPREHENSIVE LAW ON FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION  (Read 9314 times)

hmcsnipe

• "....the passion still burns.."
"...the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by FORCE."
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  - Hebrews 4:12

"Follow Excellence... Success will chase you, pants down.. o_O"

jrj

Very interesting. Although it leaves some questions unanswered. Like are civilians now allowed to own semi-automatic rifles like AR15, Mini-14, M1 Carbine etc?

Below details what civilians may own:

(dd) Small arms refer to firearms intended to be or primarily designed for individual use or that which is generally considered to mean a weapon intended to be fired from the hand or shoulder, which are not capable of fully automatic bursts of discharge, such as:

(1) Handgun which is a firearm intended to be fired from the hand, which includes:

(i) A pistol which is a hand-operated firearm having a chamber integral with or permanently aligned with the bore which may be self-loading; and

(ii) Revolver which is a hand-operated firearm with a revolving cylinder containing chambers for individual cartridges.

(2) Rifle which is a shoulder firearm or designed to be fired from the shoulder that can discharge a bullet through a rifled barrel by different actions of loading, which may be classified as lever, bolt, or self-loading; and

Does this mean that for rifles, civilians can now own any semi-auto rifle like an  AR15 , Mini14, or M1 carbine?

cebuboy

• low speed high drag chairborne operator
Well, it all depends on the implementing rules and regulations being drafted now...
“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being.” - Bishnu Shrestha

masq

PNP to implement another gun amnesty
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »
The Philippine National Police (PNP) will implement another gun amnesty for old and unregistered firearms as part of the newly enacted law on firearms.

PNP chief Director General Alan Purisima said the PNP and other stakeholders are currently preparing the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) for Republic Act 10591.
“Actually, (gun amnesty) is provided for in the new law and it will start soon. We will have amnesty only for old firearms and not for brand new ones,” said Purisima.
He said the renewal for permits to carry firearm outside residence (PTCFOR) and permits to transport (PTT) could be done through the Internet starting next year.

“If you pass the first stage, or this year, by next year or during the renewal of PTCFOR and PTT, this could be done online and no need for gun holders to go to Camp Crame,” said Purisima yesterday the 21st Defense and Sporting Arms Show at SM MegaMall in Pasig.

“If you are still qualified, meaning you have not committed any violation of the law, it means you have clean records, then your file can easily be accessed on the PNP database. Just state your name there and they will answer you. Just one click, then pay the permit through credit card and that’s it,” he added.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/07/18/13/pnp-implement-another-gun-amnesty
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others, crazy?" -Albert Einstein-

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." -Harriet Beecher Stowe-

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." -Oscar Wilde-

masq

Rules for gun owners signed
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »
PNP Director General Alan Purisima approved the IRR of Republic Act No. 10591, or the Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunition and Providing Penalties for Violations, six months after President Aquino signed the new law on gun ownership.

“This is not just to standardize the regulation of firearms, but (it) will also help us intensify our campaign (to curb) gun-related crimes and establish effective firearms control,” Purisima said.

Under the new law, individuals found guilty of having unlicensed guns could face at least 30 years’ imprisonment.

RA 10591 states gun holders must be Filipino citizens not convicted of a crime, at least 21 years old, and are taxpayers.

According to the law, gun owners, including juridical entities, are allowed to buy and keep only small firearms. Only members and officers of the PNP, Armed Forces of the Philippines and other law-enforcement agencies may acquire and possess high-powered weapons.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/534951/rules-for-gun-owners-signed
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others, crazy?" -Albert Einstein-

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." -Harriet Beecher Stowe-

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." -Oscar Wilde-

wayfarer@TMW

Re: REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10591 - COMPREHENSIVE LAW ON FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:47:34 AM »
wish someone can post the signed IRR.  browsed philstar, MB, and Inquirers site, nothing.

gemini1

• MBAC 21
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:53:42 PM »
Is this draft the final one that was signed?

http://guntech.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/PROPOSED-IRR-FINAL-EDITED-AUGUST-5.pdf

I found too many flaws. For instance:

i) The penalty of prision mayor in its medium period shall be imposed upon any person who shall unlawfully acquire or possess ammunition for a Class-A light weapon. If the violation of this paragraph is committed by the same person charged with the unlawful acquisition or possession of a Class-A light weapon; the former violation shall be absorbed by the latter;
 semi auto rifles classified as small arms.

So what happens if I have a mini14 or semi auto AR15, which can be classified as small arms, but the ammunition is similar to full auto M16s? 

And what is their classification/definition of "prohibited places" under section 39.1-e?

And what if I were to install accessories like a slidefire stock or a Tac-on 3mr trigger, after registering a semi auto rifle, will the law see or define my rifle now as class A?

Danny Mac

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 06:42:54 PM »
Good day!

For everyone's reference. Signed IRR - R.A 10591

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F489D29014F8832C%21117

Thanks!
They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the ****ing smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby!!

ayoshi

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »
Related News....
PNP: 60-70% of gun licenses based on fake documents
"I have now caused an investigation into those neuro-psychiatric results na parang peke... Biruin mo, mga limang tao, magkakapareho ang resulta ng neuro remarks? May posibilidad ba 'yun?" he said in the report.

He said the PNP hopes the recently signed Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act would give gun control teeth.
<snipped>
The report said that under the new law, the PNP itself will administer neuro-psychiatric and drug tests.

Gun owners will also be required to apply for licenses to own firearms before they can register their guns, and firearms will be automatically considered illegal if their licenses are not renewed within a day of expiration.

Automatic weapons, once licensed, cannot be resold or passed on to another gun owner, the report said.
see also: Gun Holders with Fake Addresses

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men." - Gen. George Patton Jr.