Author Topic: Zamboanga City Crisis  (Read 155182 times)

irrelevant

• Global Moderator
Re: Zamboanga City Crisis
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »
The new issue of the combat boots today looks like rubber shoes which is not shiny, it should have been given together with the soldiers and I don't know why since those in the office always receive new ones while on the field personnel are not?

can you prove what you said???? where is your proof? is that a general statement or specific? you dont even know where the person in the picture came from and under what circumstances may have led his boots to be pretty roughed up.

ang hirap sa iyo mahilig ka mag motherhood statements; even your other posts have already attracted undue attention ( kahit nung bago ka dito); one more thing, please stop the defeatist/sensationalist/fear inducing posts.  you and many here know what i mean.

if you pushed through in the active service after your glorious stint in your rotc unit as an officer, there would be but one word to describe you- NERBYOSO.

:jeez:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:13:38 PM by ...-happy ka na? »

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
what makes things worse in Basilan is that apart from MNLF fighters, there are also reports that certain elements of the Abu Sayyaf have joined the fray. it seems like GRP vs MNLF-ASG on that new combat zone. we have yet to know if MNLF forces in other areas are ready to fight AFP and PNP operatives.

Another failure of intelligence or over confidence, IMHO the President should call a state of emergency and mobilize our troops to prvent spread of violence. Mayor Climaco handling situation for zamboanga only but if the violence already spreads we need a larger group to handle these. We all know MNLF they will fight till death if they did not get what they want and was mentioned before there is no turning back. I wonder what PNoy will do now.

Shorty_1972

« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »
Just askin, how do the Israelis battle the urban streets littered with snipers and civilians?

punch a hole in a wall or walk thru streets?

If they use the streets, they at least have the advantage of heavily armored APCs (eg Namer) and the new Trophy APS for their tanks.  They also have the tools for making dynamic entries through doors (Simon) and have small remote 'robots' and cornershot firearms to clear buildings.
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods."

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2013, 08:17:05 PM »
can you prove what you said???? where is your proof? is that a general statement or specific?

ang hirap sa iyo mahilig ka mag motherhood statements; even your other posts have already attracted undue attention ( kahit nung bago ka dito); one more thing, please stop the defeatist/sensationalist/fear inducing posts.  you and many here know what i mean.

if you pushed through in the active service after your glorious stint in your rotc unit as an officer, there would be but one word to describe you- NERBYOSO.

What I say is I don't know why so there was nothing wrong with that since some of those in the field have new shoes and some have not, the new shoes should come together with the new camo issue, I know these since it was during our time that these new camo were implemented and I know many of them who received the new issue. If I am not mistaken one of the first to use it are those stationed here in Manila.

That is why I asked why is it those with the new camo don't have the new boots.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:20:35 PM by Hitman »

specter

• SierraFox fan
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »
can you prove what you said???? where is your proof? is that a general statement or specific? you dont even know where the person in the picture came from and under what circumstances may have led his boots to be pretty roughed up.

Had been calling him out in prior posts too.

But somewhat back to topic. Hitman's assessment is unfair. The Army for instance has operated a 1-to-1 swap system for BDAs and boots. So it is a gross misrepresentation that the AFP has been remiss in its duties to clothe its men.

Also, I know of enlisted men who have multiple pairs of boots. One "for inspection" (i.e. "pangmalakasan") and one for "robo-robo" (i.e. the field).

Frankly speaking, the Marine in question would have probably preferred to beat up, "broken in boots". Heck, in a built up place, you need not be too concerned with creepy crawlies entering your footwear. Heh.
Been there, tried it, got a mug.

"When the hour of crisis comes, remember that 40 selected men can shake the world" - Yasotay

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »
Had been calling him out in prior posts too.

But somewhat back to topic. Hitman's assessment is unfair. The Army for instance has operated a 1-to-1 swap system for BDAs and boots. So it is a gross misrepresentation that the AFP has been remiss in its duties to clothe its men.

Also, I know of enlisted men who have multiple pairs of boots. One "for inspection" (i.e. "pangmalakasan") and one for "robo-robo" (i.e. the field).

Frankly speaking, the Marine in question would have probably preferred to beat up, "broken in boots". Heck, in a built up place, you need not be too concerned with creepy crawlies entering your footwear. Heh.

It was reported before I don't know what channel a documentary about some marines complaining low morale due to the state of their equipment specially their worn out boots, if you were in a combat you would wear comfortable shoes since a worn out shoes can even cause you accident. Likely the reporter would ask why the shoes are worn out and if he answered because its comfortable for me to wear this then its no one fault but by the way it was posted looks like the message sent is clear.

From twitter: AFP responded that the soldier is responsible for telling his chain of command for the condition of his boots, they will investigate the case

Source: @gibo77200 team AFP
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:36:40 PM by Hitman »

Makabansa

• Be loyal to God and to your conscience!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »
Another black propaganda:

https://www.facebook.com/MNLFpage

Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF)
4 hours ago near Manila
BREAKING NEWS!

Umalis na daw ang GPH Military sa labas ng Sta Barbara Mosque na kagabi ay sinisigawan na susunigin habang may na trap na 7 ka civilians. Pag alis ng GPH Military, nakita nila na ang pumalit AGAD AGAD na pumoste sa labas ng Mosque ay mga kalalakihang naka-uniporme ng MNLF. Ibig sabihin nyan, merong nangyari na formal turn over of position, which means the GPH Military and that Counterfeit MNLF na nanggugulo dyan ay merong DIRECT COORDINATION with each other.

Paulit-ulit nating sinasabi dito sa MNLF Page in FB na yang troublemakers dyan sa Zamboanga ay hindi po yan amin, hindi yan sila Genuine MNLF.
"An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked."

(Proverb 29:27)

But the wicked are like the tossing sea
which cannot be calmed, and its waters cast up mud
and filth. No peace for the wicked! says my God.

(Isaiah 57:20-21)

NO Personal Messages will be answered. UNDERSTAND.

specter

• SierraFox fan
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
 :thumbsup:
It was reported before I don't know what channel a documentary about some marines complaining low morale due to the state of their equipment specially their worn out boots, if you were in a combat you would wear comfortable shoes since a worn out shoes can even cause you accident.

You cannot even remember what channel, what documentary, what Marine unit, or when the documentary was made. Lemme guess? The Ed Lingao documentary circa Lamitan? There were lapses. Kaya nga nagkaroon ng reporma eh.

As I have been pointing out. Things. Have. Changed. Ok?

Another black propaganda:

https://www.facebook.com/MNLFpage

Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF)
4 hours ago near Manila
BREAKING NEWS!

Umalis na daw ang GPH Military sa labas ng Sta Barbara Mosque na kagabi ay sinisigawan na susunigin habang may na trap na 7 ka civilians. Pag alis ng GPH Military, nakita nila na ang pumalit AGAD AGAD na pumoste sa labas ng Mosque ay mga kalalakihang naka-uniporme ng MNLF. Ibig sabihin nyan, merong nangyari na formal turn over of position, which means the GPH Military and that Counterfeit MNLF na nanggugulo dyan ay merong DIRECT COORDINATION with each other.

Paulit-ulit nating sinasabi dito sa MNLF Page in FB na yang troublemakers dyan sa Zamboanga ay hindi po yan amin, hindi yan sila Genuine MNLF.

I take my coffee with the snake oil salesman Petalcorin's statements. Never fails to crack me up.
Been there, tried it, got a mug.

"When the hour of crisis comes, remember that 40 selected men can shake the world" - Yasotay

irrelevant

• Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2013, 08:33:34 PM »
What I say is I don't know why so there was nothing wrong with that since some of those in the field have new shoes and some have not, the new shoes should come together with the new camo issue, I know these since it was during our time that these new camo were implemented and I know many of them who received the new issue. If I am not mistaken one of the first to use it are those stationed here in Manila.

That is why I asked why is it those with the new camo don't have the new boots.

break - off topic rant: dont dilute your discussion with grammatically inept semantics- accept the fact that your initial statement was sweeping and generalizing- and now you retreat under cover of denial and semantics, as i have said.

what you observed in your rotc days was more than meets the eye- and you prejudging a lot of things tells strongly about why your manner of posting is like that- defeatist, sensationalist.

do us all a favor- post sensibly.

oh btw, havent you ever thought that there are several BDA's that are issued as compared to boots? and the wear and tear of boots moreso for troops who are out forever in the field is intrinsically higher than that of the "new camo" as you describe it?

good grief... after all these years, ganyan ka pa din... :bash: :jeez: :thumbsdown:

back to topic- thanks specter for steering the thread at this point... :shock:

It was reported before I don't know what channel a documentary about some marines complaining low morale due to the state of their equipment specially their worn out boots, if you were in a combat you would wear comfortable shoes since a worn out shoes can even cause you accident. Likely the reporter would ask why the shoes are worn out and if he answered because its comfortable for me to wear this then its no one fault but by the way it was posted looks like the message sent is clear.
putris, kundi "i dont know", "i dont remember"- ano ba yan???  you keep on generalizing- channel documentary my ass- when? about the dang boots- kasi you only wore rotc boots in an rotc environment in bns- that does not give you the premise to judge and conclude a lot about morale, accidents whatever.

:jeez: :jeez: :jeez:

4threich

• Uncareless whisper
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
Hitman,

Times change if you look at the pictures now and the past esp. Lamitan siege for an armchair noob like me. I see a big difference.
I don't really like to read posts of people who thinks defeat is at hand and gives a sense of doom all the time anlayo nanga natin sa bakbakan kabog na dibdib mo.

being soundly critical is one thing, do you really think looking at one clip of the movie gives you the finale?

nakita mo na ba ang image na tatlong army kumakain sa dahon ng saging at nagsasalo sa isang isda at kakarampot na kanin?
baka kung makita mo, iiyak ka sa awa...
"Col. Jis op: You can't handle the truth!!!!"
"4threich: You can't even handle your wife.. :P"

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »
break - off topic rant: dont dilute your discussion with grammatically inept semantics- accept the fact that your initial statement was sweeping and generalizing- and now you retreat under cover of denial and semantics, as i have said.

what you observed in your rotc days was more than meets the eye- and you prejudging a lot of things tells strongly about why your manner of posting is like that- defeatist, sensationalist.

do us all a favor- post sensibly.

oh btw, havent you ever thought that there are several BDA's that are issued as compared to boots? and the wear and tear of boots moreso for troops who are out forever in the field is intrinsically higher than that of the "new camo" as you describe it?

good grief... after all these years, ganyan ka pa din... :bash: :jeez: :thumbsdown:

back to topic- thanks specter for steering the thread at this point... :shock:
putris, kundi "i dont know", "i dont remember"- ano ba yan???  you keep on generalizing- channel documentary my ass- when? about the dang boots- kasi you only wore rotc boots in an rotc environment in bns- that does not give you the premise to judge and conclude a lot about morale, accidents whatever.

:jeez: :jeez: :jeez:

From twitter: AFP responded that the soldier is responsible for telling his chain of command for the condition of his boots, they will investigate the case

Did I say this is AFPs fault, there is nothing mentioned there and it was clear an open ended question.

Those people posting the pictures are just concerned with the state of our soldier, can't blame them at least they aired their grievances.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:44:35 PM by Hitman »

Makabansa

• Be loyal to God and to your conscience!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »
"Daniel Xavier" - an MNLF conman pretending to be a UN official?

excerpts:
Hinggil pa sa pahayag ng MNLF sa paghingi ng mga ito ng tulong sa UN para panghimasukan at tumulong sa pagresolba sa Zamboanga crisis ay walang pangalang Daniel Xavier na tumutugma bilang kinatawan ang UN kahit na iberepika pa ng grupo ni Misuari sa US Embassy.
source:
http://www.philstar.com/police-metro/2013/09/12/1200951/un-kailangan-manghimasok-sa-zambo-crisis

another excerpt:

On Friday, top military and police officials gathered in a closed-door meeting at the Western Mindanao Command, as they received information that together with Misuari is a certain Daniel Xavier, who allegedly introduced himself as a representative of the United Nations.

However, no individual from the United Nations was introduced to the media during the press conference.

source:
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/07/26/13/army-tank-near-misuaris-home-raises-tension

"An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked."

(Proverb 29:27)

But the wicked are like the tossing sea
which cannot be calmed, and its waters cast up mud
and filth. No peace for the wicked! says my God.

(Isaiah 57:20-21)

NO Personal Messages will be answered. UNDERSTAND.

irrelevant

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2013, 08:46:33 PM »

Did I say this is AFPs fault, there is nothing mentioned there and it was clear an open ended question.

you still dont get everyone's drift here do you? and insist being an armchair warrior with a very confused and fearful mind..

ok i will help you try to understand things a bit..  sorry for the distraction folks, we wil;l be back to our regular programming... :jeez:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:50:38 PM by ...-happy ka na? »

Shorty_1972

« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2013, 08:56:00 PM »
AFP Humvees...looks like US EDA straight from Iraq, still in Desert Camo  :D

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/09/11/13/watch-fighting-zamboanga

"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods."

Hitman

• Towards Stronger AFP
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
you still dont get everyone's drift here do you? and insist being an armchair warrior with a very confused and fearful mind..

ok i will help you try to understand things a bit..  sorry for the distraction folks, we wil;l be back to our regular programming... :jeez:

Thanks just gonna take my coffee break.