Author Topic: Retitled: Armbrust in the AFP  (Read 12585 times)

opus

• Administrator
Retitled: Armbrust in the AFP
« on: July 27, 2004, 11:37:30 AM »
From MBLT: The Philippine Marine Corps is currently evaluating ST Kinetics 67mm Armbrust disposable rocket launcher as possible replacement for the 90mm recoilless rifle.  20 are being tested in Ternate, Cavite, to be followed by actual field evaluation.

The Armbrust (German for crossbow) uses plastic flakes as countermass and therefore has a minimal backblast and can be fired in confined spaces.  Required space is about 0.8 meter from the rear of the launcher to a solid surface.  Also, firing signature is said to be quieter than a pistol shot.

The Armbrust is a German design license produced by ST Kinetics of Singapore.

Congratulations once again to the Marines!

:D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:22:44 AM by Adroth »
I have 10,000+ unopened emails.  Just send me a PM.

"When you say 'you and the guys' you mean the Internet, don't you?"

x

anti-tank ba yan?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:09:16 PM »
anti-tank ba yan?
e di goodbye na sa PT-76 amphibious tanke ng mga commie chinese? hehehe

frank

Oks Kaboom
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 02:09:35 PM »
Will this be tested on Spaced armor project?
Frank

Still in Quantico.
Will have some photos of globe and laurel later.

datu-unplugged

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 03:14:04 PM »
good development for the PMC...

no thought given to the RPG-7? if these are only going to be used as fire support (unless the rebolusyonarios and abus, MILF?? has some tanks and armor) cheaper alternative will be for a reloadable weapon. disposable weapons negate the threat of having RPGs and ammo in the wrong side of an armored sweep. anyways, its a good development.

opus

• Administrator
Re: ...
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 03:30:09 PM »
Quote from: datu-unplugged
good development for the PMC...

no thought given to the RPG-7? if these are only going to be used as fire support (unless the rebolusyonarios and abus, MILF?? has some tanks and armor) cheaper alternative will be for a reloadable weapon. disposable weapons negate the threat of having RPGs and ammo in the wrong side of an armored sweep. anyways, its a good development.

One advantage for the Armbrust is its minimal signature.  I wonder what its fragmentation effect is?  Hopefully after the evaluation we can find out.

:shock:

Anonymous

opus....why not manufacture it ourselves
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 08:31:15 PM »
opus

yakang yaka namang imanufacture yung ganyan sa Pinas di bah?....why not make a licence agreement with these companies so that in the long run we can be more self sufficient

popeye

tarugo

right on!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 09:02:02 PM »
Good development. But I think Guest above is right that this can be easily license-produced here. Maybe Floro can do it.

Manolet/Manokski

Also currently used by PSG
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »
I've been told that the armburst is already in use by the PSG and was acquired after one of the coups against Cory.

Is it possible that the stocks the Marines are testing with are actually stocks taken from the PSG and were given to the Marines because they are approaching their time expiry dates?  

Anyway, considering that it's already used by the PSG, chances are probably good that it'll pass Marines requirements as well.

Just a thought.

taxi driver

otsootso
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 10:46:50 PM »
kudos to the Marines.

the MSSR, the Floro-modified 1 meter turret, those humvees with LVTP-5 armor plates, the floro SMGs. . . and now this Armburst watchamacallit.

its nice to know that some peeps in the military are STILL doing something

Anonymous

Re: otsootso
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 10:57:32 PM »
Quote from: taxi driver
kudos to the Marines.

the MSSR, the Floro-modified 1 meter turret, those humvees with LVTP-5 armor plates, the floro SMGs. . . and now this Armburst watchamacallit.

its nice to know that some peeps in the military are STILL doing something

Don't forget suppressed M3 Grease Guns

http://www.timawa.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=179

:D

ghostrider

Armbrust 67mm rocket launcher being evaluated by the Marines
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 11:16:34 PM »
I stumbled on this site earlier while browsing..

http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/rpg.html

http://www.china-defense.com/infantry/type-69/type69rpg_3.html
http://www.ciar.org/~ttk/mbt/article/article.janes.fae-grenade.jidr010104_2_n.html

The Bulgarian GTB-7G rocket grenade on the left reveals its long domed thermobaric warhead. On the right is an OG-7VE grenade with an anti-personnel HE-FRAG warhead, also from Bulgaria. (Source: Terry J Gander)

http://www.jedsite.info/support/alpha/armbrust_series/armbrust-series.html

opus

• Administrator
Re: Also currently used by PSG
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 12:29:19 AM »
Quote from: Manolet/Manokski
I've been told that the armburst is already in use by the PSG and was acquired after one of the coups against Cory.

Is it possible that the stocks the Marines are testing with are actually stocks taken from the PSG and were given to the Marines because they are approaching their time expiry dates?  

Anyway, considering that it's already used by the PSG, chances are probably good that it'll pass Marines requirements as well.

Just a thought.

Maybe.  Singapore started license-production in 1988.  They could also be Singaporean MinDef stocks re-acquired for demos.

I found out the spelling is apparently Armbrust.  I always thought it was Armburst.  I was wondering why I didn't get many hits on Google.

:shock:

White Noise

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 05:37:55 AM »
That Armbrust looks mighty nasty! Congratulations to the PMC!

Ka DRe

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 05:44:29 AM »
Armbust can be fired from confined spaces[inside buildings] unlike the RPG-7 without being "turbo-broiled" by the back blast.  Not surprised why the PSG acquired it.  Saw it once on a newspaper photo shown with PSGs;  it was labelled as an "anti-tank rocket launcher" in the caption.

sumpit

is that the LAW?
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 11:51:53 AM »
comrade manoski....is the weapon you were mentioning as the one acquired by the PSG the same as the Light Anti-Tank Weapon that was drawn from the Clark armory and distributed to government troops at the height of the 1989 coup?