Author Topic: Battle of Sibalu Hill  (Read 14364 times)

The Commie Killer

• Idol!!!!!
Re: Battle of Sibalu Hill
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 10:03:39 PM »
It is a strong Air Force (land-based or carrier-based) that always win the battle or war.

Pearl Harbor Attack
Battle of Midway
Marianas Turkey Shoot
German Blitzkrieg in Poland
Battle of Britain
Russian Counter offensive vs Germany
B-29 Bombing runs vs Japan
Israeli Air Offensive vs Egyptian Air Force

When will be our Air Force capable enought to neutralize the Chinese Spratly Enroachment with a 30 minute Offensive?

Or a whole Army Battalion being airlifted to a hot spot complete with Close Air Support of attack choppers/aircraft?

also, superiority of the air enables the allies to cripple
the german industries supporting its warmachine... if german
industries were able to meet the demand of wermacht, i dont
think the allies could beat Hitler... the wermacht is the best army
in the world with great miitary tradition and great military system
and leadership...

"Success flourishes only in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless
perseverance." Manfred von Richthofen "The Red Baron"

NEED MONEY? CLICK HERE

ramboloy

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 02:38:40 AM »
Magandang pag aralan tong encounter sa Sibalu Hill. Noong nasa Sulu ako talagang sinadya kong mag conduct ng recon patrol sa area na ito nang ako ay nadestino sa Bgy Libug-Kabaw, Panglima Estino.

Marami ang nagbuwis ng buhay dito (MNLF, Marines, PA at PC). Dapat din sigurong makapanayam natin sina 2LT GLICERO "GLIKES" SUA, PMA Class 1972(naging MGEN SUA na nagretire as CG 1ID) dahil isa siya sa namuno sa mga Scout Rangers na sumugod dito sa area.

rock

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 05:52:07 AM »
       My uncle is one of the Scout Rangers who attack the Sibalu hill.He told us that the marine landing is a disaster.As soon as the Naval bombardment and Heavy machinegun fire from government troops stop
 as a signal for the marines and army to attack the rebels would go out to their bunker and open fire.
     My uncle told me that everytime the landing ship open it bows for the the marines  to wade they are raked by machinegun fire.
     The commanders decided a continous bombardment and machinegun fire,while the Hueys execute a dangerous scout ranger insertion to the rebels perimeter position.
      He told me that they also have flamethrower made available for the assault to clear enemy bunkers.
  If I remember it right he told me that their is a natural cave that the spaniards made some improvement
  to fortify the places.

ramboloy

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 01:50:38 AM »
It is a strong Air Force (land-based or carrier-based) that always win the battle or war.   

Sa Iraq, di naman ang air superiority ng Kano ang nagpanalo sa kanila in 2003. Mechanized Infantry po ang tumapos. Sa Vietnam experience, no amount ang air power ng Kano sa kagitingan at paramihan ng sundalo ng mga Vietcong. Dahil dyan, hindi ALWAYS ang claim natin dyan.  :2rifles:

Kung sino ang nakakilala sa kalaban at ang makakagamit ng kanyang pwersa sa tamang pamamaraan at wastong pagkakataon ang siguradong mananalo sa gyera. Maraming factors ang bibilanganin natin para ang isang pwersa ay mananaig. Ito ay naisasailalim sa Principles of War na inaaaral ng bawat sundalo lalo na ng mga pinuno ng isang sandatahan.

SgtViper

• The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday...
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »
 :D Sir I think the Marines are the ones to be applauded in this battle.  and PFC Acero is the first marine to receive the medal of valor posthoumously.  He died while covering his buddy on that hill.  Happy 56th Birthday Philippine Marine Corps 07 November 1950 - 2006.  AAAUUUWWAAAAA :2rifles: :2pistols:
If you know your enemy and you know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself you will succumb in every battle. - Sun Tzu

ramboloy

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 07:36:40 AM »

:D Sir I think the Marines are the ones to be applauded in this battle. and PFC Acero is the first marine to receive the medal of valor posthoumously. He died while covering his buddy on that hill. Happy 56th Birthday Philippine Marine Corps 07 November 1950 - 2006. AAAUUUWWAAAAA :2rifles: :2pistols:

Dapat lang syang tularan bilang isang huwaran at magiting na sundalong Pilipino!

Baka iba ang year ng military operations ang pinag-usapan natin tsong. Ang Scout Ranger Class 16 on test mission ay nakipagbakbakan din dito sa Sibalu Hill. Kontakin mo si Msg Divinagracia (Ret), dating PC at ngayon ay isang batikang miyembro ng NROI. Sa isang boteng malamig na beer, mapag alaman mo ang blow-by-blow account ng operations nila. Ito ang hirap sa ating armed forces, mahina tayo sa recording ng ating military history. Lagi tayo rely sa mga kwento ng ating older brothers.

Happy beer-day PMC! Mabuhay kayo!

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 11:30:44 PM »

"ang Tanke sa Pinas eh Kinukumutan lang"

That's what my Father says! He is an old Marine, a veteran of the burning of Jolo and other Battles with different insurgents (NPA,MNLF,MILF)

Ey Vynn,

Got any stories from your old man about Sibalu Hill?
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

vynncute

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »
Ill ask him.

What do you want to know anyway?
Quotes from Mikhail Kalashnikova:

"When I see Bin Laden with his AK-47, I got nervous. But what can I do, terrorists aren't fools: they too chose the most reliable guns." "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists," he said on a visit to Germany, adding: "I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work for example a lawnmower.
   "My work is my life, and my life is my work. I invented this assault rifle to defend my country. Today, I am proud that it has become for many synonymous with liberty."
   "It is the Germans who are responsible for the fact that I became a fabricator of arms. If not for them, I would have constructed agricultural machines. (...) If someone asks me how I can sleep at night knowing that my arms have killed millions of people, I respond that I have no problem sleeping, my conscience is clean. I constructed arms to defend my country."
   "Before attempting to create something new, it is vital to have a good appreciation of everything that already exists in this field."
   "I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine."
   "It is painful for me to see when criminal elements of all kinds fire from my weapon [...] I created this weapon primarily to safeguard our motherland"
   "Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto."

Fern374702

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »
dapat i record to sa history natin.....sounds intense and worth studying :afro:

COUPmander Yoda

• Testament
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 07:39:28 AM »
Too bad, we seem to have no available photo of an armed T-33 jet used in this battle.
I believe in the sun...even if it does not shine.  I believe in love...even if I do not feel it.  I believe in God...even if He does not speak.
PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCOUNT - OCTOBER 13, 2010.  THANKS!
Personal Messages not welcome!  Please contact through official channels if AFP.

COUPmander Yoda

• Testament
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 07:42:46 AM »
It was there in Sibalo Hill where the Marines got their first Medal of Valor. A Marine company hold that hill until next morning despite outnumbered, i think they were attacked by more or less 600 MNLF rebels. :bravo: The medal was awarded to Sgt. Acero, if im not mistaken.

What an appropriate surname for a bemedalled soldier; acero = spanish for steel.

The current PMC spokesman has the surname of Caculitan. :D
I believe in the sun...even if it does not shine.  I believe in love...even if I do not feel it.  I believe in God...even if He does not speak.
PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCOUNT - OCTOBER 13, 2010.  THANKS!
Personal Messages not welcome!  Please contact through official channels if AFP.

gunhed69

Battle of Sibula Hill Nov. 1972 Info
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »
Hello,

I'm writing an article for a U.S. history magazine on the Mindanao war 1970s to present and would like know more info on the Battle of Sibula Hill Nov. 1972.

Does anyone have:

the Order of battle for the AFP and MNLF?

What were the MNLF and Marines armed with?

How did the battle develop and backround for the battle?

How long was the battle?

Who are the AFP and MNLF commanders who were instrumental in the battle?

The only info I have is a passing mention on a website on airpower. From what I gathered a battalion of Philippine Marines were trapped by thousands of MNLF and the Philippine Marines were saved by round the clock airstrikes by the Philippine Air force.

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_174.shtml

Another question:

Did the Philippine Air Force ever field the AC-47 Puff the Magic Dragon gunship?

According to the PAF OB in 1989 in this website, the Philippines had a few of them.

I would be very grateful for more info.

The other topics I am interested in is the Battle for Jolo City in the 70s. The only source I have on this is Reuben Canoy's book Counterfeit Revolution where he gives a brief mention of it. The info I have is basically the MNLF taking control of Jolo city and the AFP response. Basically the AFP levelled the city in heavy fighting. Interestinly around this time, the Philippines was under an arms embargo by the U.S. so it had to procure weapons from Spain. They were actually using Spanish made artillery, vehicles and other stuff.

Adroth

• Administrator
Re: Battle of Sibula Hill Nov. 1972 Info
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
Hi gunhed69,

Welcome to the forum.  :beer:

Are you referring to the Battle of Sibalu Hill?

http://timawa.net/forum/index.php/topic,4695.0.html

This this is the hill you were referring to, would it be ok to merge these threads?

Interestinly around this time, the Philippines was under an arms embargo by the U.S. so it had to procure weapons from Spain. They were actually using Spanish made artillery, vehicles and other stuff.

I could be wrong, but the AFP may have gone to the Portugese . . . not the Spanish.

Note the following discussion about the Chaimite in AFP service.

http://timawa.net/forum/index.php/topic,11482.0.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 03:29:00 PM by Adroth »

gunhed69

Re: Battle of Sibula Hill Nov. 1972 Info
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 03:32:59 PM »
Hello,

Abosolutely,

It was listed Sibula in the ACIG website....  :?

Thanks for the link to the thread, so far it gives a brief info but I need more stuff.

Did you the battle take course in one day or one week?

I'm preety sure it would be difficult to evac a battalion in just one day under heavy fire.

How many casualties?

Is there a source which has a more complete info on it?

Adroth

• Administrator
Re: Battle of Sibalu Hill Nov. 1972 Info
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »
Hello,

Abosolutely,

It was listed Sibula in the ACIG website....  :?

Thanks for the link to the thread, so far it gives a brief info but I need more stuff.

Did you the battle take course in one day or one week?

I'm preety sure it would be difficult to evac a battalion in just one day under heavy fire.

How many casualties?

Is there a source which has a more complete info on it?

Merged.  :beer:

Sons and relatives of people who took part in the battle are with us. Lets see what they can share.