Author Topic: 3rd Infantry "Spearhead" Division, Philippine Army  (Read 13599 times)

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
Re: 3rd Infantry "Spearhead" Division, Philippine Army
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
Phil. Army's 3rd ID celebrates 34th Anniversary
BY ROLLY ARCANO

http://www.thenewstoday.info/2008/05/01/phil.armys.3rd.id.celebrates.34th.anniversary.html

ROXAS CITY – The 3rd Infantry (Spearhead) Division, Philippine Army stationed at Camp General Macario Peralta Jr., Jamindan, Capiz under the able leadership of Major General Jovenal D. Narcise, AFP, the incumbent Commanding General of the said Army unit in Western Visayas, celebrates its 34th Anniversary today, May 1, with the theme: "3ID Team Army, God-fearing and United towards Peace, Development, and Progress."

To recall, in the early part of 1974, the unit was upgraded from 3rd Military Area to 3rd Infantry Brigade (Separate) and later became a full-pledged Infantry Division. Since then, the Division has been remarkably accomplishing both the traditional and non-traditional roles as defender of peace and protector of democracy.

Sometime in 1986, wherein increased insurrections and secessions have been spreading in some parts of the country, to gain a strategic influence over its area of responsibility, the Division transferred its Headquarters from Camp Lapu-Lapu, Cebu City and temporarily established at Camp General Adriano D. Hernandez, Dingle, Iloilo.

After quite a period of stay at the said place, the Division moved to its permanent station which is now the Headquarters, 3rd Infantry (Spearhead) Division, Philippine Army, at Camp General Macario Peralta Jr., Jamindan, Capiz. The Home of the 3ID which is the 2nd largest Camp within the entire country was realized through the wisdom and optimistic foresight of Major General Rodolfo C. Canieso, AFP, then the Commanding General, Philippine Army.

The 3ID was established at Camp Peralta not only because of strategic purposes but also to act as overseer to protect the 33,000 hectares, more or less, Military Reservation covering the tri-boundaries of Capiz, Iloilo and Aklan provinces.

Since the existence of the 3ID, the Army in Western Visayas had been laudably accomplishing its exemplary deeds over enemies of the state, thereby, contributing to the over-all output of the Armed Forces of the Philippines in support and defense of the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines. Moreover, 3ID is not only well-skilled in combat operations but also outstanding in the performance of their traditional role as guardians of peace and democracy. The Division is ever spearheading Disaster Relief and Rescue Operations, Civic Action Programs in considered depressed areas by providing free medical and dental services, free medicines and shiatsu massage to the local populace. The 3ID had also participated in several environmental protection and conservation of natural resources activities through massive tree planting in its area of responsibility.

This year's 34th Anniversary is also a Homecoming for the past officers and men of the Command more particularly the former Commanding Generals who also served the command with flying colors. Said occasion will be attended by Governor Victor A. Tanco Sr. of the province of Capiz, Mayor Ethel R. Jinon, of Jamindan, Capiz and other Local Government Officials who have been part of the successful accomplishment of the Spearhead Division.
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

40niner_com

• Obsolete weapons do not deter.
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
Too bad they stop updating their blog site.  Last entry was November 2007... :(
Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.
- Apr 7, 1989 [Baroness Margaret Thatcher, UK PM (1979-90)]

spearhead

• DoctorNO: Your Neutral Observer
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »
Long live to philippine army!   :beer:
"Until philosophers rule as kings or those who are now called kings and leading men genuinely and adequately philosophies, that is, until political power and philosophy entirely coincide, while the many natures who at present pursue either one exclusively are forcibly prevented from doing so, cities will have no rest from evils,... nor, I think, will the human race." - Plato

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

40niner_com

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 06:23:32 AM »
Visayan Daily Star
Friday, May 16, 2008

New commander to lead Army in Visayas
BY GILBERT BAYORAN 

MANILA – The new Army chief, Lt. Gen. Victor Ibrado yesterday installed a new commander for the 3rd Infantry Division that will lead the campaign against rebels in Western and Central Visayas.

Brig. Gen. Nestor Ochoa yesterday took over the 3ID command from Maj. Gen. Jovenal Narcise who will retire from the military service May 17.

Ibrado yesterday ordered Ochoa to continue the programs of his predecessor, to fulfill the mandate of the Army to defeat the insurgents in 2010, in compliance with the target set by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

The Army’s 3rd Infantry Division has been tasked to dismantle seven New People’s Army guerilla fronts in Western Visayas, of which four are existing in Negros island.

Brig. Gen. Gregorio Fajardo, assistant 3rd ID commanding general, yesterday said two of the seven NPA guerilla fronts, one each in Negros and Panay islands, have almost been dismantled, with the use of combined traditional and non-traditional military methods.

Ochoa, a member of the Philippine Military Class ’77, used to be assigned in Negros in 2004, as deputy commander of the 303rd Infantry Brigade then headed by (Colonel) now Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Sodusta, commanding general of the 9th Infantry Division in Bicol region.

The Armed Forces of the Philippines is offering P300,000 incentives to any military unit, who can dismantle a guerilla front in areas where it is operating, under the follow-through funds scheme.

Rebels slammed the military practice of giving “follow-through” funds to units as an incentive in the counterinsurgency campaign, calling it a “bounty” and a “pretext for more corruption and brutalities.”

Although the granting of the funds is not official policy, Defense Secretary Gilberto Teodoro yesterday said he would not discourage it either.

CPP spokesman Gregorio "Ka Roger" Rosal claimed in a statement that the financial incentive only highlighted the military’s “failure to stem the rising tide of the revolutionary movement.”

"This scheme is only bound to produce more fake reports, false raids and more atrocities against innocent civilians," Rosal said.

He said the incentive scheme is not new except that it is now being publicized and openly admitted.

He also said that ever since, AFP field commanders, in collusion with their high command and underlings, have regularly and blatantly been fabricating reports about operations supposedly conducted and victories allegedly gained against the…NPA just to collect their supposed expenses for operations that never took place.

He also accused the military of staging fake surrenders to pocket funds earmarked for surrendered rebels.*GPB

Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.

texan

• MBAC 21
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
I miss Camp Lapu-Lapu spent  a lot of time there when I was a kid and during my teenage years I was awestruck whenever we watch the new trainees got broken in, I spent most my nights at the Signal battalion close to the gate where my uncles were  posted. Last year I came by to visit it did not looked huge that I thought it was..Is it really true that there are falls and rivers near their camp in Jamindan? and the Army had encouraged for civilians to go visit and do eco challenge thingies?
Say Hello to my little friend...!!

toiletduck19

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 10:16:56 PM »
3ID? hehehe! That Division happens to have the best Showband that ive seen perform in Capiz! Aton Ini! hehehe :beer:
One Shot two kills??

Red Justice

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 11:26:12 AM »
Does anybdy have unit patches of IBs, DRC under the 3ID?
Everyone likes to change the world but nobody wants to change oneself.

- Leo Tolstoy

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 05:26:33 PM »
61st IB strengthens capability, skills
By Jennifer Ponsaran-Rendon

http://www.thenewstoday.info/2010/08/05/61st.ib.strengthens.capability.skills.html

In a bid to strengthen its skills and competence, the Philippine Army’s 61st Infantry Battalion will undergo a three-month Unit Enhancement Training starting this week at the 3rd Infantry Division headquarters at Camp Macario Peralta Jr. in Jamindan, Capiz.

Based in Brgy. Tiling, Cauyan, Negros Occidental, the 400-man battalion commanded by Lt. Colonel Ricardo Bayhon operates in central and southwest Negros.

The unit currently confronts the Kilusang Larangan South West of the Komiteng Rehiyon-Negros under the leadership of priest turned rebel Frank Fernandez.

First Lt. Mark Andrew Posadas, spokesman of 3rd ID, said the training aims not only to enhance the skills of the soldiers in counter-insurgency but also to test the effectiveness of the unit’s ability to accomplish missions in the non-conventional warfare setting,

“The Division hopes to make the 61st IB a more capable unit by providing them with new techniques and procedures through this training,” he said.

The 61st IB will be the first occupants of the Division’s Battalion Retraining Facility in Camp Peralta that was inaugurated last May. The BRF is composed of four buildings that serve as barracks and classrooms for our soldiers undergoing retraining.

Maj. Gen. Vicente Porto, 3rd ID commanding general, said the training is a regular and necessary activity aimed to sharpen the unit’s response to threats of insurgency in the region.

The Task Group Southwest, headed by Lt. Col. Rodrigo Sosmeña, which incorporates the 3rd ID’s three Reconnaissance Units and supported by the newly-organized 3rd Civil Military Operations Battalion, will take over the Negros post until the 61st IB completes the training. The unit will be under the operational supervision of the 303rd Infantry Brigade of Col. Maximo Caro.

“The insurgents will most likely take advantage of the situation which is why we have formed the Task Group Southwest to continue the 61st IB’s counter-insurgency operations while they are away from their area of operations,” Porto said.*
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

masq

Bautista is new 3ID chief
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
Bautista is new 3ID chief
http://www.pia.gov.ph/?m=1&t=1&id=31199
Maj. Gen. Emmanuel Bautista is the new commanding general of the Philippine Army's (PA) 3rd Infantry Division (3rd ID) based at Camp Macario Peralta in Jamindan, Capiz.

Bautista replaced Brigadier General Vicente Porto in a turnover of command ceremony last May 4, said Jamindan town Public Information Officer Norma Chavez.

Porto, who will retire from the military service, has been the Division commander since January 2009.

The new commanding general is credited for the formulation of the Internal Peace and Security Plan also known as Oplan Bayanihan of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) which is now being implemented nationwide.

The plan emphasizes that the primary focus of the AFP in its operations is “winning the peace and not just defeating the enemy.”

Bautista graduated among the top ten of the 161 graduates of Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Class of 1981.

He also finished at the top of his class in the Scout Ranger Course, Infantry Officer Advance Course and the Army Command and General Staff Course, and is also a graduate of career advancement courses in the United States and New Zealand.

The official is also a recipient of five Distinguished Service Stars, Gold Cross Medal for gallantry in action, Bronze Cross Medal for bravery, two Outstanding Achievement Medals, numerous Military Merit and Commendation Medals, and various campaign medals as well as ribbons.
"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others, crazy?" -Albert Einstein-

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." -Harriet Beecher Stowe-

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." -Oscar Wilde-

philippinestoday

• Philippines Today - Philippine Defense News
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 06:03:36 AM »
96 new soldiers add up to Army’s strength in Panay and Negros
http://www.facebook.com/notes/philippine-army-spearhead-troopers/96-new-soldiers-add-up-to-armys-strength-in-panay-and-negros/383905298311238

Camp Gen Macario Peralta Jr., Jamindan, Capiz - The 3rd Infantry (Spearhead) Division (3ID) will strengthen its human resource capability with the graduation of 96 new soldiers today.

To mark the end of a 6-month rigid Candidate Soldier Course (CSC) and Jungle Warfare Mountain Operation Course (JWMOC) training, a closing ceremony, which will be witnessed by representatives from different stakeholders, their friends and family, will be held at Camp Peralta in Jamindan, Capiz.

Major General Jose Mabanta Jr, 3ID Commander, said that this ceremony is conducted to instil nationalism and service-oriented attitude among soldiers upon their entry to the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

“The ceremony is also aimed to instil among them their responsibilities to the Nation and the Filipino people being the government’s instrument in the maintenance of peace in this part of the country,” Mabanta said.

Mabanta added that these new soldiers will be immediately assigned in the different battalions here in Panay and Negros Islands to perform peace and development works and to strengthen Army units in these areas. 

At present, the 3ID is conducting training to 142 candidate soldiers who took their oath last May 15, 2012. They are currently undergoing the same rigid training after qualifying the selection process and after passing the competitive Physical, Neurological, and Psychological examinations.
Philippines Today - Philippine Defense News
http://philippinestoday.blogspot.com/
Twitter - @Philippines2day

sep_dard

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 09:55:09 PM »
I miss Camp Lapu-Lapu spent  a lot of time there when I was a kid and during my teenage years I was awestruck whenever we watch the new trainees got broken in, I spent most my nights at the Signal battalion close to the gate where my uncles were  posted. Last year I came by to visit it did not looked huge that I thought it was..Is it really true that there are falls and rivers near their camp in Jamindan? and the Army had encouraged for civilians to go visit and do eco challenge thingies?

Yes i do believe its more than 3,000 hectares it use to be a military reservation
I'll try posting some pics.

NOjetPiloto

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 07:40:11 AM »
LO CITY - The Philippine Army’s 3rd
Infantry Division based in Jamindan, Capiz will
boost its arsenal with the arrival of new military
hardware from the national headquarters soon.
This was announced by Lt. Gen. Noel Abrigo
Coballes, commanding general of the Philippine Army,
during his recent visit in Panay to witness the turnover
of command ceremony between Brig. Gen. Jonas
Sumagaysay and Brig. Gen. Aurelio Baladad, who is
now the commander of the 3rd ID.
Coballes said the military hardware procured by
the national government from foreign suppliers is part
of the modernization program of the Armed Forces of
the Philippines.
These include KM-450 military trucks, mortar
equipment, 37,000 units of M4 rifle that will replace the
aging M16 rifles of the soldiers, 40,000 protection vests,
114 units of M113 war tanks, and 20 more additional
updated war tanks.

Coballes said that once these military procurement
arrive before December this year, some of these will
be brought to the 3rd ID in Panay and other units of
the Philippine Army operating throughout Western
Visayas.
The 3rd ID is the mother of all Army units
operating in Panay and Negros islands, and the islandprovince
of Siquijor.(PNA) JBP/NLG/VLORQUIOLA

PART OF ARMY COMMANDING GENERAL SPEECH at the CHANGE of Command ceremony last July 17,2013.

boxster

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »
The marines should be prioritized in the provision of force protection equiptment and new assault rifles.after all the marines will be the first to engage the enemy in the event of a foreign invasion. The army have been prioritized for decades neglecting the marines navy and the air force. This should change because of the recent events

dongskie

• Make love not war.
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »
114 units of M113? I doubt the number.. i believe it is only 14..
http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=25028.0
DO NOT SCORN A WEAK CUB, HE MAY BECOME THE BRUTAL TIGER.

40niner_com

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »
^ On top of the fourteen previously approved/allocated by the US, another 100 units of M-113A2 were allocated (made available) by the US for EDA Grant to PA last Dec-2012.