Author Topic: Roussen Class (62 Metre Super Vita) Fast Attack Missile Craft  (Read 5324 times)

pedro penduko

• "A Armamentos, A Armamentos!" - Flaviano Yengko
Roussen Class (62 Metre Super Vita) Fast Attack Missile Craft
« on: November 07, 2006, 09:41:23 PM »
 :2rifles:
greek roussen class (62-metre super vita) fast attack missile craft

the design of the fast attack craft is based on the smaller vita class vessels already in service with the qatar emiri navy and similar-sized craft built for oman and other countries.

the fast attack craft has a steel hull and aluminium superstructure. vosper thornycroft controls is supplying the electrical power distribution system, the platform management system, electrical machinery and the mine counter-countermeasures system.

the ship is armed with the mbda (formerly eads aerospatiale-matra) exocet itl 70a mm40 block II surface-to-surface missile. exocet uses active radar homing and has a range of 70km. the two four-cylinder launchers are installed on the missile deck, set in a crossed configuration with one facing starboard and one facing port side.

the vessel’s air defence missile system is the ram (rolling airframe missile), to be supplied by ramsys, a consortium of mbda (formerly eads daimler-chrysler aerospace), diehl and bgt.

the missile system’s gmws mk 31 21-cell launcher is installed on the stern deck. the rim-116a block 1 missile has a dual-mode radar / imaging infra-red seeker and a range of 10km.

the craft's main gun installed on the bow deck is the oto melara super rapid 76mm gun which is capable of firing 6kg shells at a rate of 100 rounds per minute to a range of 16km. two oto melara 30mm guns are installed on either side of the upper deck to the stern of the main radar mast.

the ship is equipped with the argo systems ar900 electronic support measures system and the sippican srboc decoy launcher.

crew: 45
displacement:  580t full load 
length 62m:  (203ft 5in) 
meam:  9.5m (31ft 2.5in) 
draft:  2.6m (8ft 6in) 
speed:  35 knots
endurance:  7 days
combat management system:  tacticos 
surveillance radar:  mw08 3d 
electro-optical target tracker:  mirador 
fire control system: sting bd 
radar:  integrated scout and bridgemaster-e navigation radar 
communications:  ics 2000 
surface-to-surface missile:  mm40 block II exocet 
surface-to-air missile:  ram 
main gun: oto melara 76mm gun 
secondary gun: 30mm guns 2 x oto melara 
electronic support measures: argo systems ar900
decoys: sippican srboc
diesel engines: 4 x mtu 16v595 te90 engines
generators: 3 x 250 kw
propellers:  4 x fixed pitch

curahee!

:smoke:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 12:58:25 AM by pedro penduko »

" Kung ang bayang ito'y masasa-panganib
At siya ay dapat na ipagtangkilik,
Ang anak, asawa, magulang, kapatid;
Isang tawag niya'y tatalidang pilit " 
                                            -  Andres Bonifacio

The Reaper

• MBAC 21
Re: Roussen Class (62 Metre Super Vita) Fast Attack Missile Craft
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:47:02 PM »
Exocets, RAM, Oto Melara Super Rapid 76mm gun, and another two Oto Melara 30mm cannons... That's a lot of firepower in a small friggin' boat :shock: :shock: :shock:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 09:48:40 PM by The Reaper »

Drone

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 12:03:34 AM »

Looks good! it's not 2 big but powerfull!

pedro penduko

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 02:36:45 AM »
Exocets, RAM, Oto Melara Super Rapid 76mm gun, and another two Oto Melara 30mm cannons... That's a lot of firepower in a small friggin' boat :shock: :shock: :shock:

what's quite attractive about the roussen is despite it's small size, it packs a lot of firepower.  at 35 knots max speed, it's safe enough to say it won't eat foam hehehehe

curahee!

-  Andres Bonifacio

SARKid

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 07:02:36 PM »

Looks good! it's not 2 big but powerfull!
Yea... but we cant afford it now.Maybe after the Omanis or Qataris RETIRE it,we can acquire at least one unit...without the fire-control and missiles of course! :smoke:

kenjisan

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 09:23:20 PM »
Sir Pedro,

How much is it with all the bells and whistles?

Shalom.

pedro penduko

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 12:14:42 AM »
Sir Pedro,

How much is it with all the bells and whistles?

Shalom.

each of the super vita facm costs 150 million euros, which on my opinion is a bit pricey for our pn.

aside from the tremendous firepower it already have, the super vitas will also carry manportable surface-to-air missiles.  two torpedo tubes designed to fire STN Atlas SST-4 torpedoes against surface ships will also be installed later.

imagine the firepower packed into this relatively small platform.

curahee!

-  Andres Bonifacio

israeli

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 02:28:47 AM »
^ looking for "cheaper" alternatives? ;)

- German Gepard class fast attack craft
- Greek Combattante II class fast attack craft
- Israeli Sa'ar 4 class fast attack craft (can be upgraded into Sa'ar 4.5 class standard)
- South African Minister class fast attack craft
- Singaporean Sea Wolf class fast attack craft

personally, i would want a Sa'ar 4.5 class fast attack craft- the most powerful fast attack craft on the planet today. :2pistols:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 02:31:46 AM by israeli »
"I'm very determined. If I decide what something is worth doing, then I'll put my heart and soul to it. The whole ground can be against me, but if I know it is right, I'll do it. That's the business of a leader." - Lee Kuan Yew

predator

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 02:56:46 AM »
Ganda noh ...

Pero parang pareho lang nung sa Tenix yung gawa (according dun sa drawing)... dagdag lang ng weaponry at lakas siguro ng makina ...

Pero syempre mas maganda yung orig ... at saka baka mas magastos kung imomodify mo yung buong SAR ship ng Tenix.

Gawa na lang tayo ng ganyan ... kahit yung platform lang  tapos hanap na lang tayo ng consultant kung ano maganda ikarga na weapon and other electronic systems.

docrjay

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 11:40:04 AM »

FAC's with ASW capability like the Singaporean Fearless class should be good addition for the PN. It has provisions to carry 8 ASHM's 3 torps, top speed >35 knots and has waterjet propulsion. Our neighbors to the south and north have SSK's, its comforting for a PN commander to know someone down at sea is hunting him.

But I'd really prefer to have the Flyvefisken class for shear multirole capability! Sana ito nalang.

count montedegallo

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »
personally, i would want a Sa'ar 4.5 class fast attack craft- the most powerful fast attack craft on the planet today. 

a sa'ar 5 corvette sells for US$260 milliion.  i imagine a sa'ar 4.5 would sell for a few millions less.  that would still be expensive.

"Hope is a waking dream." - Aristotle

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."  -  George Santayana

"Boards don't hit you back!"  -  Bruce Lee

"The perfect totalitarian state is one where all the powerful bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced because they love their servitude."- Aldous Huxley "Brave New World"

"Communism is the refuge of the lazy." - Count Montedegallo

mamiyapis

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 03:07:50 PM »
Iagree with docrjay, the Fearless class is the better choice, since it can do more things. We don't necessarily need an ultra-heavily armed FAC... one with a more balanced loadout and capacity would be a better choice.

And yeah, I like the Flyvefisken class too... it would be the BEST choice, owing to it's modularity with it's container-ised weapons systems, which can be swapped out for other equipment or weaponry.

Though, personally, the Visby class corvettes are what I'd prefer... the stealth capacity would give it a huge edge in combat here in Asia, as I think the only other country with a slightly similar stealth design is China. Plus, it's propulsion system is perfect for our high-traffic seaport areas, because the waterjet propulsion system gives it unparalleled maneuverability. That and the crew requirements for each ship are less than regular corvettes.

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 03:12:50 PM »
But I'd really prefer to have the Flyvefisken class for shear multirole capability! Sana ito nalang.

Welcome to the forum docrjay  :thumbsup:
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

docrjay

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
Thanks Adroth for the welcome. Actually Im an old member na, I had a few post in the old forum.

Im happy to see this time that we can discuss these threads without someone reminding me that Im dreaming. Some people after all just want to share their insights and their "desire" for a better AFP.

Mamiyapis: Agree on the Visby. I watched the Discovery Channel episode regarding her and the Norwegian Skjold class. Ang ganda! Visby is a balanced capability corvette. It is capable of engaging blue water assets as well as doing good in the littoral environment. Im sure the swedes wont export them.

The Germans though are willing to export their Meko A-100 designs. Malaysia has them albeit, on an OPV role. In the old forum, I mentioned the Type 621 of the Polish Navy. It would be the best complement for the Flyvefisken's. It has a patrol endurance of 3 weeks, frigate size warload, multirole, and blue water capable. Her larger sister in the South African Navy has a mixed propulsion, both propeller (using 2 diesels) and waterjet (using 1 turbine). It can be adapted on the A-100 design. 

Heres a pic.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:47:27 PM by docrjay »

SARKid

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »
Ganda noh ...

Pero parang pareho lang nung sa Tenix yung gawa (according dun sa drawing)... dagdag lang ng weaponry at lakas siguro ng makina ...

Pero syempre mas maganda yung orig ... at saka baka mas magastos kung imomodify mo yung buong SAR ship ng Tenix.

Gawa na lang tayo ng ganyan ... kahit yung platform lang  tapos hanap na lang tayo ng consultant kung ano maganda ikarga na weapon and other electronic systems.
TENIX offers an 86-mtr OPV that looks like a Baby Arleigh Burke DDG. :lol: