Author Topic: Video: V150 PNP - NPA Encounter  (Read 2968 times)

Wowowiee

Re: Video: V150 PNP - NPA Encounter
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
IMHO, that was just a lucky hit. if i were the Nep sniper, i'd shoot the gunner first, then the next as they try to replace the stricken man, then the next...

HOw would you hit the gunner inside a buttoned up turret of a V150? except if you're using a 50 cal sniper rifle, but I assume the commies were using either an M14 or just an M16..... (|8|
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."  Patton

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard. I read your book."

Patton

weekend warrior

• Two generations of my family PROUDLY served in WW2
    • http://www.ipmsphilippines.com
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »
Who's V-150? PNP or PA could not see markings clearly.

Hi all,

Just checked out the Bitag video. If I am not mistaken it could have been a joint ops between PNP and PA units. In the beginning of the video, there are white vehicle ID numbers on the rear of the V150, (PA style) so it could be Phil. Army. Was the Humvee in PA or PNP camo? could not tell......

Towards the latter part of the video, looking at the starboard (right) side of the V150, there is a man wearing a black t-shirt with RMG on it. Above the rear right wheel is a name in white (could not read it, possibly PNP RMG), while near the right front tire you can clearly see a full-color badge with a number 3 on it. I assume it is the seal of PNP RMG 3.       

40niner, maybe you have sharper eyes to see the details.... (|;)

Regards,

WW  :apc: :lvt:
Give proper credit where it is due...especially in pictures and references posted

40niner_com

• Obsolete weapons do not deter.
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »
WW, You are right.  But, I believe there is only one V-150S on the video -- owned by RMG-3.  The front white "markings" would NOT be typical of an Army, since it is usually on the center.

credits: images courtesy of YouTube, Bitag and Channel12
Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.
- Apr 7, 1989 [Baroness Margaret Thatcher, UK PM (1979-90)]

weekend warrior

• Two generations of my family PROUDLY served in WW2
    • http://www.ipmsphilippines.com
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 07:50:49 PM »
Hi 40niner,

Indeed mas sharp ang mata mo!  :bravo:

No PA units as support in that NPA encounter

In the beginning of the video, front shot pala yon ng V150, along with Humvee. Both pala are PNP RMG, as the Humvee has the white RMG on rear portion of body styles.  (|;)

Can you tell ba what is the camo used by the V150 and Humvee? Sana di yung PNP "blue camo"   :goggles:

Regards,

WW  :apc: :lvt:
Give proper credit where it is due...especially in pictures and references posted

THawk

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »
Is the PNP now tasked with rooting out NPA rebels? Also, is a V150 turret powered or manually cranked??