Author Topic: AFP insignias, patches, badges,decorations etc...  (Read 27919 times)

Tony_Stark

Re: About AFP badges
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »

Top to bottom...

Airborne

Counter Terrorism

Special Forces

Top left...

Airborne?

Bottom left...

Combat Diver

Anybody know what is the difference between the two Airborne patches?

the left side is called bull wing - when you jump with US troops they will award you with that.  the right side is the Basic Airbrone badge, yung may trident thats SF badge, yung isa sa right it sure its not a comabt diver's badge. yung isa sa left i think its his unit.   

Gwapo_ako

• Mafia Don and Babe Magnet!
    • Learn Personal Finance, Invest and Save for the Future
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2009, 11:24:39 PM »
Wala po bang combat infantryman badge or artillery badge dito.

I saw this Philippine scout badge on helmets of Japanese American soldiers in the movie - "Go for broke" starring Van Johnson (1951)  and also seen worn by actor George Segal in his khaki uniform in the movie "King Rat" (1965)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 11:59:54 PM by Gwapo_ako »
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Prof. Albert Einstein"

ak47_mg

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2009, 05:43:55 AM »
yup, I know that sir. I just want the viewers what type insignias our soldier bear in their GOA uniforms so that they can have information on what unit to choose from and sign up for.

The Basic Parachutist is interesting? Can a Reserve soldier get a training in Fort Magsaysay on Basic Parachustist?

1 slot for Reserve Officers/EPs are allocated in every AFPOS Courses/ Specialization courses. sometimes even up to 3 reservists slots are offered.
"De Oppresso Liber": Special Forces: Motivated, Dedicated, Lethal.

Tony_Stark

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2009, 07:43:32 AM »
Wala po bang combat infantryman badge or artillery badge dito.

infantry badge meron for the Army the crossed rifle, artillery badge yung crossed cannons.  In the Corps walang infantry badge. 

Gwapo_ako

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Prof. Albert Einstein"

spartacus

• hurrah flyboys!!
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 08:22:24 AM »
There are 15 slots of my unit (1RRAW) who will be training with the Special Forces at Fort Magsaysay this coming May. I signed up and i hope i can survive and withstand the training.
"Laang Kawal.....Kawal Laang"

spartacus

• hurrah flyboys!!
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 08:28:11 AM »
There are some courses that offer it to all branches of service. Like when we had out air-to-ground operations two weeks ago, almost half of the class were from the Army, and two were from the PNP. I am not sure but I think basic airborne is also offered to all branches of service. I will leave it up to the real airborne guys to confirm though.

True, airborne training is open to all members of the AFP regardless of branch of service, as long as they are endorsed by their mother unit to undergo such training.
"Laang Kawal.....Kawal Laang"

Gwapo_ako

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:40 PM »
How many days or months does the basic parachutist training course require in Ft. Magsaysay?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:56:23 PM by Gwapo_ako »

Barber 6

• MBAC 21
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2009, 08:07:49 AM »
How many days or months does the basic parachutist training course require in Ft. Magsaysay?

It depends...on the availability of the aircraft.

abakada

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009, 12:02:52 AM »
pasensya na po kung magtatanong ako sa inyo rito, pero mas maganda ang magtanong kesa magmarunong.....

nakita ko po sa isa sa mga pictures AFP Badge na may "Scuba diver" tab or badge what if i have some trainings in basic scuba diving "open water" but in civilian training not in military training can i request to my mother unit to have some special order to wear Scuba diver Badge or tab or you should be in a military scuba training to wear Scuba diver Badge or tab

you answers will greatly appreciated :D

In the Philippine Army you must pass the Military Scuba Diving Course before you can wear the badge and tab.

Blackhand

• Frustrated panzertruppe
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »

MAy nakakaalam po ba ng name ng badge na nasa itaas? Ang alam ko lang po ay related siya sa PASOCOM... thanks...  :D :D :D
"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."
- Kahlil Gibran

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” - John Quincy Adams

Gwapo_ako

« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2009, 08:22:04 PM »
brotherhood of nod.

Red Justice

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »

MAy nakakaalam po ba ng name ng badge na nasa itaas? Ang alam ko lang po ay related siya sa PASOCOM... thanks...  :D :D :D

This patch is for the PA Special Forces Regiment (Airborne). Link below.

http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=15145.15

Everyone likes to change the world but nobody wants to change oneself.

- Leo Tolstoy

Blackhand

• Frustrated panzertruppe
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2009, 05:17:51 AM »
brotherhood of nod.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks sir Red Justice :D
"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."
- Kahlil Gibran

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” - John Quincy Adams

hawkhunter

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 06:32:46 AM »

dont tell us you're wearing this?  :shock:
WHEN THE MARINES ARE AROUND... THE DIFFERENCE BECOMES OBVIOUS