Author Topic: AFP insignias, patches, badges,decorations etc...  (Read 26020 times)

Blackhand

• Frustrated panzertruppe
Re: About AFP badges
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2009, 07:05:09 AM »

dont tell us you're wearing this?  :shock:

Negatory Sir, As it so happens, my grandfather when he was still alive used to collect different decorations from the PNP, AFP and even foreign military and police organizations, he also has an original German Iron Cross circa 1940. In short, he untrusted his collection to me and that badge is one of the 5 badges that have no name or description.  :D :D :D
"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."
- Kahlil Gibran

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” - John Quincy Adams

backdoor69

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 08:07:33 AM »
he also has an original German Iron Cross circa 1940
Could you post this one please?
(front and back and especially the clasp,where the cross hangs from the ribbon.)
or just PM me.....thanks
"Ne Conjugare Nobiscum"

Blackhand

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »
No can do Sir B, he has the cross with him... however, i'll try to search if there are still pictures of that cross.
"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being."
- Kahlil Gibran

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” - John Quincy Adams

backdoor69

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »
In short, he untrusted his collection to me and that badge is one of the 5 badges that have no name or description.   
you sounded like you had it in your possession?
No can do Sir B, he has the cross with him
????? hmmmm????:jeez:
anyways, there are a lot of fake iron crosses around and fyi  even as early of 1946 it was a lucrative backyard industry in germany to produce replica iron crosses because every GI wanted one as a souvenier, so even though your lolo might have got it from germany around the 40s it might still be a fake.
Trust me,I have seen alot of fakes and originals.
well, if you do get a pic, post it and maybe you might have the real deal....they go for 800 euros and up
"Ne Conjugare Nobiscum"

Red Justice

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »
I wonder if there are badges for the "other" MILFs?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meron, nakalagay is VICTIM, CASUALTY and CIVILIAN.

:beer:
Everyone likes to change the world but nobody wants to change oneself.

- Leo Tolstoy

Gwapo_ako

• Mafia Don and Babe Magnet!
    • Learn Personal Finance, Invest and Save for the Future
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »
hahaha MILF - derogatory to mom's with kid you wanna...toot..toot.toot. Sorry!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Prof. Albert Einstein"

cebuboy

• low speed high drag chairborne operator
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2009, 05:55:37 AM »
Recon patch??

“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being.” - Bishnu Shrestha

sru99

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2009, 02:06:46 AM »
sir androth pa comment lang ha? baka ma banned nanaman ako. mga kapatid nati sa PA ang dami badge noh? pag umuuwi yung isang kapatid ko linoloko ko," Bro parang may fiesta ha,Dami mo na pala banderitas" sasabihin nya sakin "Eh ikaw lahat lahat na yan pa rin sinusuot mo lang" ang dami din yun...sabi ko Yun YUN!!!!! HuuaAAhhh

sru99

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2009, 02:11:42 AM »
goodtime lang naman sirs/mam lalo na pag umuwi pa bunso namin from taguig din leftside!! parang nagpaparamihan sila ng utol ko itim na pusa,sya naman pula na may pakapak..The thing is some wear it nwith pride some are traditionally low prof.....whatever it is ,however hard it was to get...BE proud you deserve it.For me the grandold symbolof the Corps would do,whatever,i got form the Corps it is embbeded a top my heart..My brothers then just give me that sly smiles of theirs

Mayk

Re: AFP insignias, patches, badges,decorations etc...
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2009, 07:26:26 AM »
There are already a lot of information about awards and decorations that we typically see in an AFP soldier's left side.  But I can't seem to find any info with regards to the right side.  What is the tri-color with the stars? Is this the long service medal? Usually I see just 3 ribbons on the left side, but on some occasions I see 4.

As a reference we could use Gen. Ibrado's picture here:

The awards on his left side can be identified from this site:

http://www.medals.lava.pl/ph/ph23.htm

But I can't get any references from google about the awards on the right side.  Can anyone on the forum care to enlighten us.

Other references gathered from google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Orders,_decorations,_and_medals_of_the_Philippines

T-10C

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »
Question1: What is the tri-color with the stars?
Answer1: Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation Badge (PRPUCB). The color is blue, white and red. If there is one Bronze Service Star on it, that means the individual wearing the PRPUCB has received it twice.

Question2: Is this the long service medal?
Answer2: Negative on that. The Long Service Medal is plain red.

Observation: Usually I see 3 ribbons on the left side, but on some occassions I see 4.
Answer: Those are not ribbons but citation badges placed above the right pocket. The ones on the uniform of CSAFP are the following: Philippine Republic Presidential Unit Citation Badge, Martial Law Citation Badge, February 1986 Revolution Ribbon, and the People Power 2 Ribbon. The two ribbons are not supposed to be there because the citation badges are made of brass/metal. Since the ribbons were made of silk moire fiber, it should be placed over the left pocket along with the Disaster Relief and Rehabilitation Operation Ribbon.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:25:48 AM by T-10C »
Some heroes are inspired by the mission, not the recognition.

Blackhand

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2009, 06:52:08 AM »
Curious question in speaking of divisions and battalions, how are they numbered?
- Kahlil Gibran

saver111

• MBAC 21
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2009, 07:08:42 AM »
"In the interest of National Defense..."

"Ask not what your country can do for you... but ask what you can do for your country!"

HELP END PIRACY NOW!
SIGN PETITION HERE:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm

Adroth

• Administrator
  • Logo from: www.proudlypinoy.org
    • http://www.adroth.ph
Don't get mad at China. GET EVEN. Join the movement to defy a Chinese "order".

virose09

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2009, 04:08:30 AM »
Mga Sirs? Tanong ko lang pu kung san pwedeng makakita ng mga pictures ng different badges and pins ng AFP (PA, PAF, PN, and PMC)? Buti unf PAF kasi my site sila na nkaindicate ung different badges and pins nila. Pano naman yung sa ibang branch ng service?
“A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.” ~John F. Kennedy

----------

My Name, RN, EMT-B