Author Topic: Philippine army M-113 ACAV  (Read 3143 times)

Pachada

Philippine army M-113 ACAV
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »
I have a photo taken in 1997/1998 during philippine army day in cagayan de oro of a M-113 with a 50 caliber with shield in the front and a .30 caliber with shield on the left and right side . wala lang akong scanner..... it was painted olive dark green so you can buy the tamiya model below because  its exactly like in the pic except for the rolled wire in the front.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:54:33 PM by Pachada »
The needs and interests of the Filipino is primary while that of foreigners is secondary.
However, some Filipinos are still uneasy about this and would rather be the apologists or defenders of foreign interests.

antidote

• Too many mouths to feed! wag Abusohin ang Bayan!
Re: Philippine army M-113 ACAV
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 04:39:42 AM »
pachada, do you live in CDOC?

i live there and i don't see any m113's but AIFV's...even saw 2 m113's with gattling in the airport...
together with two broncs...

anyways...what doesm ACAV mean?
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout

-The Parody Of The Litany Of Command

cebuboy

• low speed high drag chairborne operator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 04:58:31 AM »
Oh so you also noticed the 2 M113 with gatlings at the airport, will be goin to cdoc tomorrow anyways will see if they are still there...
“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being.” - Bishnu Shrestha

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 05:37:13 AM »
Saw the two APC there too, parked Side by side, very close to two Hueys and two OV-10.  didnt see the guns on the APC due to them being covered.  Damn, was there 3 weeks ago
Alcohol only hurts me because it loves me.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...
Ezekiel: 25-17

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****

antidote

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:42 AM »
the units i found on camp evangelist and the airport...

2 m113's with gats
2 md530's
2 hueys and
2 broncos...

what the heck is with the 2?

When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout

cebuboy

• low speed high drag chairborne operator
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 06:01:06 AM »
what the heck is with the 2?

2 is 1, 1 is none.
“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being.” - Bishnu Shrestha

G.A.R.

• MBAC 21
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 06:06:31 AM »
I belive its called "RESBACK" works well in diving too.  Gives the shark somebody else to chew at.
Alcohol only hurts me because it loves me.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...
Ezekiel: 25-17

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts,
And I looked and behold: a pale horse.
And his name, that sat on him, was Death.
And Hell followed with him.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001). <--- knows his ****

jcabanit

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 06:08:52 AM »
To Antidote-ACAV means armored cavalry .

Pachada

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 09:03:45 AM »
wala na ako sa CDO , although i still visit it from time to time. during the 1970s, Lumbia airport of CDO was guarded by one sometimes two 105mm howitzers and machinegun nests. its a strategic airport because it air resupplies the nerve center of the philippine army in northern mindanao at camp evangelista, Patag in CDO . you could see daily landings of C-130s at CDO airport during the 1970s carrying out the army dead and carrying in reinforcements and ammo. In CDO is also a PNP nerve center at camp Alagar. during that time , wala pang 6th division in mindanao. the only army division was the 4th division. The 6th was created only after the Moro rebellion exploded.. yung 1st Tabak galing sa Luzon yan if i'm not mistaken before being assigned permanently to mindanao. bale lahat ng mga sundalo going to cotabato were either airlifted to cotabato airport or land via CDO.
Camp Evangelista also had its own grass airstrip where I used to see Huey choppers and piper cub planes land in the 1970s.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:08:27 AM by Pachada »
The needs and interests of the Filipino is primary while that of foreigners is secondary.
However, some Filipinos are still uneasy about this and would rather be the apologists or defenders of foreign interests.

40niner_com

• Obsolete weapons do not deter.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 04:11:49 PM »
Drift... here is the 'new' website of 4th 'Diamond' Inf Division :
http://www.diamondtroopers.com/

Camp Evangelista in Patag, Cagayan de Oro is currently being 'renovated'.  Squatter houses within the camp were finally demolished.  The main road which divides the admin offices and the grandstand is being concreted.  On the grandstand and parade ground are a couple of 'static' armored guards -- V150S and AIFV.  The parade ground can also be used as landing area for PAF choppers.  Aside from being the base of 4ID, Camp Evangelista also 'houses' Fort Armor which is the admin base for 5th Light Armor 'Kalasag' Battalion.  5th LAB, LAD is OpCon with 4ID, and their LA Coys are directly with the brigades.  5LAB also does minor maintenance for some of its units within their compound. 

M113 ACAV are mostly deployed in the field as mobile fire support and as APC. Fondly and simply called by our operators and soldiers as 'APC'.  It is said that the APC is the most feared armored vehicle by the MNLF and MILF, that is why they are mostly at the frontlines.  Feared -- because since the start of their rebellion in the early 1970's, they have been and still are fighting this vehicle and are not 'gaining' on it.
picture borrowed from LAD website

There are some field modification to the ACAV tube.  Some added additional diagonal plate to the frontal armor to protect the turret gunner from snipers.  Others have welded added-rear armored plates to completely protect the gunner.  Note that the original ACAV tube only has flat frontal and curved sides armor -- the gunner hatch serves as the rear armor protection.
Obsolete weapons do not deter. You do not base a defence policy on someone else's good intentions.
- Apr 7, 1989 [Baroness Margaret Thatcher, UK PM (1979-90)]

hellstrom94

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »
To Antidote-ACAV means armored cavalry .

ACAV means Armored Cavalry Assault Vehicle

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m113-acav.htm

Cafgu

• MBAC 21
  • HALT! WHO GOES THERE!!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 07:39:29 PM »
Saw the two APC there too, parked Side by side, very close to two Hueys...<snip>...didnt see the guns on the APC due to them being covered.

Here they are the APCs in CDO airport however I'm not really sure if those have Gats, we can't really see them...normal routine lang daw yung "appearing and disappearing"  M113s sa Lumbia Airport. It's all part of on going M113s Upgrade project daw. Picx taken this year:

Also, I wonder if LAD has retrofitting capability in regional areas such as in CDO, Mindanao...sa Maynila yata ginagawa lahat.

Camp Evangelista also had its own grass airstrip where I used to see Huey choppers and piper cub planes land in the 1970s.

:shock: Sir Pachada, Taga Patag ka Bay? Basig classmate ta ra ka's Kampo.
Cafgu’s Corner
Q2: Is Gregorio Rosal dead?
A2: A dead communist is good.
Q1: Why does ka roger uses two-ply toilet paper in his mountain hideout?
A1: Because Joma Sison demands a copy of everything.

antidote

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 10:35:28 PM »
manga ging...pia man gyud ta taga cagayan...isa nako...

naa lang ko dapit sa city hospital...sa liceo heehehe. :bravo:

upgrade? (m113)
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout

Pachada

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 10:38:58 PM »
sa ciudad mismo ko nag elementary ug sa macasandig pud. ngano man gitakluban ng kanyon sa M-113? basin yati ug flamethrower na ha? masunog atong lobot ana  :eyes:

Here they are the APCs in CDO airport however I'm not really sure if those have Gats, we can't really see them...normal routine lang daw yung "appearing and disappearing"  M113s sa Lumbia Airport. It's all part of on going M113s Upgrade project daw. Picx taken this year:

Also, I wonder if LAD has retrofitting capability in regional areas such as in CDO, Mindanao...sa Maynila yata ginagawa lahat.

:shock: Sir Pachada, Taga Patag ka Bay? Basig classmate ta ra ka's Kampo.

antidote

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 10:46:36 PM »
yawa...butnga daw na ug flame thrower...

daot man gyud nang R1 na mga jeep...and camp evangelista squaters have been known to fight back...
want some intel...
When in deadly danger
When beset by doubt
Run in little circles
Wave your arms and shout