Author Topic: Duterte may veto entire budget- April 2019  (Read 31 times)

MCentaur

Duterte may veto entire budget- April 2019
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:36:20 PM »
Perhaps the thread name can be changed later as the budget issue develops.

Philippine Star

Duterte threatens to veto entire budget
    Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) - April 12, 2019 - 12:00am
    MANILA, Philippines — This year’s P3.757-trillion national budget may end up being vetoed in its entirety if it turns out to be problematic, President Duterte said yesterday.
    Duterte talked about the much-delayed spending bill while he was citing the need to have allies in the Senate during a campaign rally in Bacolod City.
    “The budget has just been submitted. I have to sign it once I return. I am still studying the budget (which was submitted to the) Office of the President. The Office of the President is not the budget,” the President said.
    (...SNIPPED)
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"- Gen. George S. Patton

Philippines Defense Forces forum

MCentaur

Duterte signs 2019 budget
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:52:13 PM »
Philippine Star

Duterte signs 2019 budget
    Edith Regalado (The Philippine Star) - April 16, 2019 - 12:00am
    P95-B House realignments vetoed
    MANILA, Philippines — Four months into the fiscal year, President Duterte finally signed yesterday the P3.7-trillion national budget for 2019, without the P95.3-billion realignments made by the House of Representatives.
    Unlike in the past, the signing of Republic Act 11260 was done without ceremony, and without the presence of any member of either chamber of Congress, who had bickered over their entitlements in the annual appropriation.
    (...SNIPPED)
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"- Gen. George S. Patton

Philippines Defense Forces forum