Author Topic: The State of the Timawa.net  (Read 360 times)

opus

• Administrator
The State of the Timawa.net
« on: March 29, 2019, 02:49:36 PM »
Hi guys, we're currently in soft-opening mode, I'm working on a few changes and checking on a few bugs.  I've implemented SSL on the site for more security, if your address bar says "not secured" or you see a red open padlock before the address then just change the address prefix from http:// to https://

This should happen automatically but just in case, just add the 's'

Anyway, I have a few more updates and posts lined up for this weekend. 

And oh, welcome back!!
Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit
He who is silent, when he ought to have spoken and was able to, is taken to agree

VictorDelta18

Re: The State of the Timawa.net
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:31:20 PM »
Nice to be back sir opus. Even i was a lurker back then without an account i really enjoyed reading in the forum while in a boring class session. Timawa was my childhood. (My age just got revealed)  :)

Mr. Pitz

• Pitz Defense Analysis
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 03:15:46 AM »
It's good to be back again sir Opus. We are getting altogether again sharing very important thoughts especially in discussing defense-related issues just as before hibernation.  ;D 8)
Never assume unless it is highly stated.

Protect the integrity, sovereignty, and welfare of the Philippine Republic.

ilikeplanes

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 12:24:09 AM »
Nice to be back Opus. Will you be restoring old content and old accounts, or are you going full clean slate on this?

opus

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 12:16:13 PM »
Nice to be back Opus. Will you be restoring old content and old accounts, or are you going full clean slate on this?

Welcome! I'll start restoring old content, priority to stuff relevant to current situations
Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit
He who is silent, when he ought to have spoken and was able to, is taken to agree

MCentaur

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 05:15:06 PM »
Hello Opus,

Here's some suggestions for sub-forums I believe would benefit all members from your revamping the forum:

1.) Foreign Military Developments/International Affairs

2.) Modelling/Hobby section

3.) West Philippine Sea/South China Sea issues forum (mirroring PDFF's own WPS forum)

4.) sub-forums for China section:
     a.) Taiwan
     b.) Dissent in China: (dissidents, Tibet, Hong Kong, Xinjiang)
     c.) Chinese military expansion and economic power

5.) Miscellaneous (movies, humor, Pinoy culture etc.)

6.) sub-forums for Philippine politics
        a.) Charter Change? Federalism or not?
        b.) Drug War/PNP issues forum

It's your call, but those are what I can think of at the top of my head.
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"- Gen. George S. Patton

Philippines Defense Forces forum

jepot

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 03:46:14 AM »
MS,

Opus has a plan, that I can assure you and all but it takes time- we are always talking about it; nevertheless thanks for your unsolicited advice; there are more variables than what you see in where and how Opus intends to steer the forum to - and in this time and age of too many defense fora and groups of a similar vein, we have declared Timawa as not competing with any group for that matter.   I don't know if you are in the PDD in FB but there you will a glimpse of what and how the reborn Timawa is evolving as most if not all members here are from the old Timawa and current members of PDD; most questions are answered there, FYI.  Opus is kept well abreast of whats going on that would be relevant in what the forum will address, thus his decisions are based on numerous factors that jive into a decision point. HTH  8)

Tora^2

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 11:31:58 AM »
It's good to be back.

We have much to catch up to.

Opus, I doubt you'll be bringing back the Babe of the Day thread with the Me Too and all.

Miggye!

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 09:14:05 PM »
GAHD! its so nice to be back! glad to see/hear from you again, Opus! FB was literally driving me crazy!
Dulce Et Decorum Est, Pro Patria Mori
Ad Astra, Ad Infinitum